2 of 3

What Are You Listening To?

Posted: October 13, 2010 10:38 AM

Rev.D.

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 190

Family Force 5

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: October 13, 2010 10:52 AM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165
guarilio989 - 13 October 2010 06:13 AM

is it ok to post in this thread each and every time I visit the forum?

btw… Nothing Left - As I Lay Dying

That would be great!

Personally since I don’t really listen to the radio these types of exchanges are they way that I discover new [or at least new to me] music.

Posted: October 20, 2010 04:57 PM

guarilio989

• Total Posts: 171

ok. Just making sure.

and

Sacrifice unto Sebak - Nile

Signature 

Hit Hard, Play Fast, Have Fun

Posted: October 20, 2010 08:01 PM

DrumsRock

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 46

Led Zeppelin- good times, bad times

Posted: October 20, 2010 08:11 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Total Posts: 312

Silence, and enjoying it!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: October 21, 2010 01:38 AM

Dan Cunningham

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 15

The wife just went to bed, so…
On goes the Rush.

La Villa Strangiato, off of Hemispheres.

I have my headphones turned up so loud, I can hear every micro nuance, every tiny variation of each stroke. It’s truly a thing of beauty!

I know it’s kind of geeky, but give it a try with some of your favorite drum songs.

Posted: October 21, 2010 05:03 AM

guarilio989

• Total Posts: 171
Dan Cunningham - 21 October 2010 01:38 AM

The wife just went to bed, so…
On goes the Rush.

La Villa Strangiato, off of Hemispheres.

I have my headphones turned up so loud, I can hear every micro nuance, every tiny variation of each stroke. It’s truly a thing of beauty!

I know it’s kind of geeky, but give it a try with some of your favorite drum songs.

I tried that at work last night and my ears are still ringing. Winds of Plague is a little too loud to be blasting at full volume.

Small addition: Porcupine Tree - Bonnie the Cat

Signature 

Hit Hard, Play Fast, Have Fun

Posted: October 21, 2010 04:59 PM

Drumfiend

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 20

Dig the Zeplin too! And “Definitely” sounds best cranked through the phones. Today though I’ve been worken in my shop blast-en some blues tunes all-day long. Some: Robert Johnson, Jimmy Reed, Junior Wells, Albert Collins, Koko Taylor, Son House, and more. But there’s a local blues group I was blast-en, Shane Dwight, this guy wails on the guitar, Jerome Kimsey-drums, Tumbleweed Mooney-hamonica, Paul Logan-bass, Robby Z.-rhythm guitar. Shane Dwight Band, check them out.

Posted: October 21, 2010 05:18 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

That’s amazing! I did a bunch of gigs with Shane Dwight years ago, back when he was living in California. I was playing with Corby Yates and for some reason we kept getting booked on shows together—sometimes he would headline, sometimes we would. It’s good to see Shane’s career gaining momentum.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk

Posted: October 24, 2010 03:19 PM

Drumfiend

• Newbie Rank

Ya Andy I guess it proves it’s a small industry right?
My wife and I caught Dwight at the Modesto blues gig, and then again a few weeks later at the Sonora Blues festival. At the Sonora festival we had the opportunity to bump into him in the crowd on our way for a couple beers. We mentioned we saw him a few weeks prior and he seemed really glad to hear it. At some point he asked if we bought his c.d., and happily we said yes. Then he asked if we wanted a couple more? My wife said “are you going to autograph them”? Myself, I don’t get into the need for someone’s signature, but the wife does, so it was cool.
Anyway we bought 3 more, he kindly offered to just give them to us but we insisted on paying and we had a great time. Lots of great artist.
But as far as if his career is having any momentum today I couldn’t say. We are still enjoying the cd’s, but that was back around 2003 or 2004 I think.? Dwight said he lived in San Jose then. But I just typed him in on u-tube and a lot comes up so it looks like he’s still doing good.

Posted: October 24, 2010 10:16 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

“Hold Your Fire” by Patto—with its clunky, ham-fisted odd time signatures—from the 1971 album of the same name. As a teenager in the early ’70s I spent countless Friday nights hunkered in the front row of the Marquee Club in the Soho district of London watching this incredible, and now sadly forgotten band. Their late guitarist Ollie Hallsall was an utter original.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk

Posted: October 25, 2010 03:11 PM

Rev.D.

Showbread - The Fear Of God

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: December 17, 2010 08:15 AM

gunnardrummer

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 22

Choke Sermon by Lamb of God!  Their most thought out album for heavy ass metal!  I love metal(:<

Posted: December 18, 2010 09:37 AM

Rev.D.

Every December, I listen to the album Twisted Christmas by Twisted Sister. It is my favorite Rock, Christmas carols compilation album ever.

Signature 

Posted: December 18, 2010 11:22 AM

Drumfiend

• Newbie Rank

Weather Report; Alex Acuna on drums…
Alex’s playing always inspires me. His feel and interpretation of the music. His wide range of dynamics and technique. To me Alex exudes rhythm.
If I could achieve his rhythm, touch and feel I think I would be totally content.

2 of 3