2011 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Posted: September 29, 2010 08:24 AM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165

The 2011 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees have been announced.

What are your thoughts on the nominees?

Who did they get right? Who did they miss?

Posted: September 29, 2010 08:26 AM

David Pak

still no KISS. still no RUSH.

There is the argument that they are a gimmick band but it’s hard for me to argue that their longevity doesn’t somehow relate to their impact on music/Rock.

Posted: September 29, 2010 03:30 PM

guarilio989

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 171

Hey Dave what do you mean by gimmick bands? I never liked kiss so i dont really care if they make it or not but rush obviously has legitimate talent. What makes them gimmicky?

Signature 

Hit Hard, Play Fast, Have Fun

Posted: September 29, 2010 03:52 PM

David Pak

There are those of the belief that the make-up, the costumes, the tongue and the theatrics as a whole was the act and their music just came along for the ride. You won’t find more than a couple of KISS songs in my iTunes collection but it’s hard for me believe that they didn’t make an impact on music worthy of at least getting nominated. Alice Cooper finally got a nomination and I am of the belief that he got dinged because of his theatrics as well.

Posted: September 29, 2010 07:59 PM

zepfan81

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 21

Rush definitely should get in also

Motorhead ( or at least Lemmy)

Iron Maiden

Thin Lizzy

I wanna touch on KISS, although yes they are kind of gimmick band, they also are important not only with their music but the way they marketed themselves.  they also have a die hard literal army of fans that still go crazy for them 35 years on. ( not to other bands don’t) Granted they didn’t write music anything the likes of Zeppelin, The Who etc. they still wrote songs that are still popular today a testament to the staying power.

Are they Hall of Fame worthy….depends on what you look for in worthiness.