My Favorite Heads

Posted: June 30, 2010 10:34 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

I use Aquarian Texture Coated heads on my tom and snare batters, and Classic Clear heads on my tom resonant sides. I use Remo Clear Snare Side heads on my snares, Powerstroke 3 bass drum batter heads, and Ambassador coated resonant bass drumheads. What heads do you use?

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: July 02, 2010 10:28 AM

Rev.D.

• Total Posts: 190

Remo clear Pinstripes on the toms, Remo Controlled Sound white dot coated on snare and Aquarian SKII’s on my kicks

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: July 10, 2010 06:52 AM

TigerBill

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 9

My current favorites - Aquarian Super 2’s coated all around, Super Kick III bass batter head, and side ported (4 3/4” hole) front bass head! No muffling required at all with the Super Kick III. Cool!

Signature 

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
TigerBill.com / TensionFreeDrumming.com

Posted: July 12, 2010 10:01 AM

Dave Heim

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 12

Depends on the set and the music for me.

I’ve been using Aquarian Super 2 coated on my go-to set for general playing.  I use a small 4-pices for jazz gigs and small rooms.  I’ve had Remo coated Ambassadors on that set for years.

Posted: July 16, 2010 11:49 AM

dmeza

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

I’m currently trying out the Evans EC2 coated. Emad for bass and the HD Dry pin hole on snare.

Posted: July 19, 2010 06:17 PM

Brandon

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 8

How do you like the EC2 heads so far?  What types of music do you play?  I use the same bass and snare heads, and would like to try out the EC2 for my toms next.

Posted: July 19, 2010 08:27 PM

dmeza

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

The EC2s are great! I was happy with the clear heads but found that the coated heads are a lot better =) especially on maple. I would like to consider myself a gospel/rock drummer but play all types of music. Feel free to watch my drum cover of Imogen Heap on my youtube channel- the address is youtube.com/danielmezadrums This is the only cover I have at the moment using the EC2 coated, all the other covers I used the clear heads.

Posted: July 20, 2010 07:24 AM

Brandon

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 8

Sounds great.  Thanks for the relpy

Posted: July 25, 2010 10:59 AM

Drumolator

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 21

I have used various Evans head for about fifteen years.  But lately I have been using Remo “Control Sound” (black dot) heads on tom and snare batter sides.  There are G1 heads on the resonant side.  The bass drum had an EQ3 on the back and an EQ Resonant.

But I recently bought a Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz kit, and I am using the heads that came on it, which are mostly Evans G1’s.  The bass drum heads seem to be EQ 1’s.  When I change all the batter heads, I will put a coated black dot head on the snare and an EQ3 on the bass drum.  I have not decided what to put on the toms.

Peace and goodwill.

Signature 

Mark Wellman ><>

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Posted: August 06, 2010 04:18 PM

guarilio989

• Total Posts: 171

anything that aggravates the neighbors lol

Signature 

Hit Hard, Play Fast, Have Fun

Posted: August 10, 2010 11:05 AM

DrumsRock

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 46

Remo coated amdassador snare head, Remo coated ambassador X for all toms, and Evans Emad bass for batter,  snare and all toms reso side: remo ambassador,  kick drum reso: remo ebony powerstroke 3.

Posted: April 25, 2012 05:40 PM

PDP drummer

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 30

As I said in my previous post about my bass drumhead I use Remo heads on all my drums as follows

Toms: Clear Emperor batters,the pdp resonants
Bass: Powerstroke Pro batter,the black pdp resonant with kickport
Snare: Coated Ambassador batter,the pdp snare side

Posted: April 26, 2012 01:12 AM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

I am & have always been a Remo guy!

Kick: DW/Remo kick batter w/ white-coated DW logo “vented” (6 pin-hole vents) resonant (no hole).
Snare (main): Remo Coated CS Reverse Dot batter, Hazy Ambassador snare-side.
Snares (Sopranos, Piccolos): Remo Coated Ambassador batters, Hazy Ambassador snare-side.
Toms: DW/Remo “Coated-Clears”. These are the best tom batter heads that I have EVER used! Clear Ambassador resonants.

Posted: April 26, 2012 01:50 AM

PDP drummer

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 30
drumbri24 - 26 April 2012 01:12 AM

I am & have always been a Remo guy!

Kick: DW/Remo kick batter w/ white-coated DW logo “vented” (6 pin-hole vents) resonant (no hole).
Snare (main): Remo Coated CS Reverse Dot batter, Hazy Ambassador snare-side.
Snares (Sopranos, Piccolos): Remo Coated Ambassador batters, Hazy Ambassador snare-side.
Toms: DW/Remo “Coated-Clears”. These are the best tom batter heads that I have EVER used! Clear Ambassador resonants.

I agree that`s why I use them too