Articles I liked

Posted: October 06, 2010 08:07 AM

Skulmoski

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 49

I just read about the Slingerland Rose Pearl DuALL Snare Drum by Mike Curotto . I enjoy reading about history, and this one tweaked my interest. Thanks Mike!

GJS

Posted: October 06, 2010 08:15 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

More to come!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: October 07, 2010 06:08 AM

Skulmoski

• Jr. Member RankRank

I also liked Jim Donovan’s article about Toureg rhythms. It is very nice to see Tinariwen get recognition from drummer’s point of view. I saw Tinariwen at the Abu Dhabi Womad (April 2010) and they were awesome. (Womad began with the Drummers of Burundi which shook this drummer right to the core!!!)

A similar desert blues band that I saw at the 2009 Womad in Abu Dhabi was Etran Finatawa. I also saw them at the Calgary and Winnipeg Folk Festivals this past summer. Three great bands that drummers here might check out.

GJS

Posted: November 30, 2010 07:12 AM

Skulmoski

• Jr. Member RankRank

Hi Andy

I totally agree with your review of Drumskull djembe cases. I have a couple of earlier deluxe cases (e.g. heavy duty, hard top, but with one rather than two pockets), and they have held up pretty well. I also have a custome made case for a very large dundun and another custom case for my Fat Congas cajon. All heavy duty Drumskull drum cases. Their drums are also top notch.

GJS

Posted: September 02, 2011 08:54 AM

djembefola

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 4

When I saw Tinariwen, they just had one djembe player playing a simple backing track. They’re all about awesome guitar am trancy singing, for me.

Although I haven’t seen a Drumskulls case, I’ve heard they’re really nice smile

Where are these articles you guys are talking about?

Signature 

Reaching out to other drummers from the djembe community universe.

Posted: September 02, 2011 10:55 PM

Skulmoski

• Jr. Member RankRank
djembefola - 02 September 2011 08:54 AM

When I saw Tinariwen, they just had one djembe player playing a simple backing track. They’re all about awesome guitar am trancy singing, for me.

Although I haven’t seen a Drumskulls case, I’ve heard they’re really nice smile

Where are these articles you guys are talking about?

The articles I have mentioned are all from DRUMmagazine.com. I love that website and regularly get to it.

GJS