Stanton’s Snares

Posted: October 07, 2010 05:39 AM

Skulmoski

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 49

I enjoyed reading “A Weekend In Austin With Stanton Moore” by Dave Constantin on DrumMagaine.com. When I came to the description of his gear set up, I was surprised that Santon’s 4.5 x 14 Gretsch Signature Birdsedy Maple Snare is not listed. Instead, his wooden snare is a 4.5 x 14 Craviotto Solid Bird’s Eye Maple Snare. So why is Stanton not using his own? Same size as the Craviotto. Same wood? I have never played either snare so I can’t judge either. Perhaps someone here knows why Stanton does not use his own Gretsch Singature Snare.

Thanks

GJS

Posted: October 07, 2010 08:18 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Good morning!

That article was first published in January 2008, and at that time Stanton used the Craviotto snare.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: October 07, 2010 08:23 AM

Skulmoski

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 49
Andy Doerschuk - 07 October 2010 08:18 AM

Good morning!

That article was first published in January 2008, and at that time Stanton used the Craviotto snare.

Of course; I saw the first published date and saw on the Gretsch website that Stanton’s snare was new for 2010. I just didn’t put the two together. It’s been a long week; I just returned from a walk in my neighbourhood with my daughter and brought home a 24” goat skinned framedrum from Bahrain. Really nice bass tones.

GJS