General Drum Topics sub-Forum?

Posted: October 07, 2010 08:52 AM

Thomas

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 3

Hey guys, first of all I want to say how happy I am to finally be able to register here.  Also my wife just bought me a 3 year subscription to the magazine.  I usually buy it off the news stand and missed the September issue so am happy to finally have a subscription.

One of the first things I noticed about the forums is that there’s not really any general topics sub-forum.  Is that something that could be implemented or are you guys just sticking to what’s here for now?

By the way, my personal favourite part of the magazine is the clinic type stuff.  How to play licks of this song or that song, exercises, etc.  I really love the onlne video lessons and am subscribed on YouTube.  I also like seeing the gear setup of famous players.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Posted: October 07, 2010 09:49 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Hey Thomas,

First of all, welcome to the DRUM! Forum, and thanks for registering. We’re open to suggestion. I would love to hear your ideas for sub-forums. Fire away!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: October 08, 2010 06:57 AM

Thomas

• Newbie Rank

Thanks Andy.  Something like ‘General Discussion’ or something like that.  smile

Posted: October 08, 2010 09:45 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Hi Thomas,

Gotcha. In fact, that’s how we envisioned the Misc. Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Kitchen Sink forum, so that members could discuss anything they felt like. Do you think it would be more effective and less confusing to rename it General Discussion?

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: October 08, 2010 11:30 AM

Thomas

• Newbie Rank

Ok I get it.  I actually thought that the Misc. Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Kitchen Sink forum was for site or magazine suggestions to you and your staff.  I didn’t realize it was for general discussion.  I’d almost say to keep this one for suggestions and questions to you and your staff and have a separate general discussion forum.  If I was confused, I’m sure others were as well.  I think a general discussion forum would be the most popular and then people would post in other sub-forums as well where those comments fit best.  That’s only my opinion. 

Thanks for the discussion, I appreciate it.

Posted: January 31, 2011 12:06 AM

Invictus138

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 6

Hi, I’m new as well. I was thinking maybe there could be a general drum discussion sub-forum. For any kind of drum talk, news, tips, questions, whatever you got. An open drumming discussion.

But anyway, it’s nice to finally have an active drummers forum to go on!  grin

Signature 

Seven Kingdoms