2 of 2

What is the biggest investment you plan to make in the next year?

Posted: February 04, 2011 10:16 AM

Patrice

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 9

Really want to buy a 12” Craviotto snare asap.

Also need some new Paiste crash(es), possibly a Paiste Giant Beat Multi-Functional. And maybe maybe a Paiste Twenty Masters Collection 20” Crash Ride.

Signature 

Banging on: Gretsch, Pearl, dw, and Paiste.
Playing with: Pussy & The Learjets. Bone Clone. Ooh & The Ballyhoo.

Posted: February 05, 2011 09:51 AM

paddlepro

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 3

I plan to buy a 26 X 14 shell and build a bass drum to augment my 22” bass drum. It will probably cost me in the neighborhood of $400 complete using secondhand hardware. Of course I buy all my drum stuff second hand except sticks.

Posted: March 16, 2011 09:09 PM

Rev.D.

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 190

This year, I plan to buy a DW 9000 double pedal, and a DW 9000 Single tom stand.

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: March 25, 2011 09:50 PM

rosegate

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 36

I plan to take some conga lessons and buy a set, finally.

Posted: July 11, 2011 10:38 PM

nesbite71

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 8

My old hardware case (rubbermaid tub with wheels) is falling apart, so I think I’m going to invest in a new one… possibly a flight case if I can find one used!

Signature 

http://www.iwdrums.com

Posted: August 10, 2011 04:44 AM

Skulmoski

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 49

I just “invested” in/received my Gretsch USA Customs 4 piece (5.5x14, 8x12, 14x14 and 14x20) in Savana Sunset and Spizzichino ride cymbals (2483 g with rivets and a 2042g).

GJS

Posted: August 10, 2011 05:28 AM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 107

I’m earning enough freelance drumming money this year to justify making a major purchase (I’ll definitely appreciate the tax write-off come January) and am thinking about buying a new kit. After working for the past couple decades on the West Coat blues circuit, I just joined an Eric Clapton tribute band led by my old buddy Kevin Russell (ex-707/Ted Nuget/Whitesnake). It’s really a blast, but my little 20”/12”/15” red sparkle blues kit just looks and feels slightly insubstantial in that context. I want a bit more of a rock kit and am thinking about looking into the Pearl Reference Pure series — either that, or something unusual from a custom company (maybe SJC). Any opinions?

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: August 15, 2011 06:45 AM

bigbeat

Hey Andy,  Take a loook at a Trick kit, if you can find one.

Signature 

loud is my forte

Posted: August 15, 2011 07:30 AM

Skulmoski

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 49

For me, Ludwig exudes rock and roll. Since the kit is for gigging, you can get away with a mid-level kit.

My 2 cents Andy.

GJS

Posted: August 15, 2011 08:54 AM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

In the next year, the biggest investment (drum-wise) that I’ll be making is a DW 9000 series remote-cable hi-hat stand! I will be purchasing the DW 9502LB Model (w/ 8’ cable)! Right now, my 2ndary hats are on a DWSM-9212 remote-closed hi hat arm which works well for me, but I am starting to yearn for the cable hat!

Great question & we’ll love to hear any other answers!
Brian JeZuit

Posted: August 15, 2011 01:32 PM

bigbeat

Are remote hihats worth the $?  It seems like they come & go, but regular HH Stands are here to stay.  Every year someone new is making one & someone else stops.
Speaking of someone new making one, I’d tell you about the Trick one due out soon, but I’ve learned you’re a DW junking, and you can figure I’m a Trick junky.

All I need is more gear MORE GEAR.

Signature 

loud is my forte

Posted: August 16, 2011 05:13 AM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

I do agree that the standard hi hat stand is a keeper…it’s 1 of the 3 rocks that our kit foundation rests upon. However, having a 2nd hi hat has always been useful for me. It makes certain syncopated patterns easier to play b/c you’re ‘open-handed’!

I’ll have to try out more Trick Percussion gear. I know of their reputation but havn’t really had the oppertunity to ‘test run’ many pieces.

Thanks for the reply!
Brian JeZuit

Posted: April 26, 2012 10:56 PM

PDP drummer

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 30
oldslick - 28 December 2010 04:32 PM
bigbeat - 13 October 2010 11:28 AM

I’m always looking for a new ride, but can never find one I like enough to cough up the cash.
Any ideas on a ride with good ping AND great wash/crash?

Not looking to make any large outlay for gear in the next year, I can recommend a Sabian AAX Stage Ride.  Mine is a 20” and has a great ping, awesome bell tone and great wash.  Really not a bad sounding crash when hit hard.
After buying my new Ludwig Epic shell pack this year I am drum rich and cash poor for the immediate future.

Yep! That`s the Ride cymbal I`m waiting on when I get my AAX pack and a B8 too.Paid off one paying off the others

2 of 2