200th issue

Posted: December 26, 2012 05:07 AM

retread

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

Why no mention of Vanilla Fudge with beak through inventive drumming by Carmine Appice ?

Posted: December 26, 2012 10:29 AM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 108

I agree — Carmine has always been amazing. Since the cover story was the 200 Greatest Moments In Drumming, which moment involving Carmine would you have chosen for the story?

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: December 26, 2012 03:16 PM

retread

• Newbie Rank
Andy Doerschuk - 26 December 2012 10:29 AM

I agree — Carmine has always been amazing. Since the cover story was the 200 Greatest Moments In Drumming, which moment involving Carmine would you have chosen for the story?

Just as Ginger Baker was to the spirit and the direction of Cream, Carmine was to Vanilla Fudge. I would say “You Keep Me Hanging on” is my pick to show how drums could paint the music in vivid colors! and make you feel it.

Posted: December 27, 2012 05:35 AM

retread

• Newbie Rank
retread - 26 December 2012 03:16 PM
Andy Doerschuk - 26 December 2012 10:29 AM

Just as Ginger Baker was to the spirit and the direction of Cream, Carmine was to Vanilla Fudge. I would say “You Keep Me Hanging on” is my pick to show how drums could paint the music in vivid colors! and make you feel it.

As a second thought, the revolution in drumming/rock drumming, IMO, came (post beach boys) was inspired by Ginger Baker, Mitch Mitchell and included Carmine. What do you think?