Eric Singer?

Posted: July 02, 2010 09:30 AM

purpleplanet10

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

has Eric ever had a feature story in your mag? he should. Sonic Boom is the first new KISS album in 11 years, plus he recorded two new albums with Avantasia last year (its almost at times Prog rock/metal, I think it may be some of the best stuff he has ever recorded!!!) plus albums with Alice Cooper. For a while in 08/09 he was doing double duty with KISS and Cooper, sometimes only haveing one day off in between shows.

He has been the back beat of KISS for almost 15 years now. He doesn’t get nearly enough credit. He is solid and is a joy to watch on stage. His timing is dead on, and is also a very good singer… no pun intended. i really think that you need to think about doing a cover story on him. I think many people will be pleasantly surprised by him. KISS Kicks off their US tour on July 23rd. So come on what do you say.

Bands Eric has played for:
E.S.P. (Eric Singer Project)
KISS
Paul Stanley
Alice Cooper
Avantasia
Gary Moore
Ronny Montrose
Lita Ford
Queen
Brian May
Badlands
Black Sabbath
Gilby Clarke

Signature 

“what if there is no tomorrow… there wasn’t one today”

Posted: July 02, 2010 09:57 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

It’s ironic — our old buddy, L.A. photographer Neil Zlozower, told us about the new Kiss album late last year, and it sounded like a good opportunity to do a cover story with Eric. Neil had a photo session lined up with Eric, and he told us that he would ask if he wanted to do a cover in DRUM! Unfortunately, by the time we connected with Eric, he was already committed to do a cover story with Modern Drummer. We have always had an internal rule at DRUM! to never follow another magazine’s cover story with our own, since it has a negative impact on newsstand sales, so we decided to pass on an Eric Singer cover this time around. I still think it would be a good idea to put Eric on the cover at some point in the future, though. He’s a good guy, a great player, and proved himself long ago.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: July 02, 2010 11:19 AM

purpleplanet10

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

the funny thing is i have been waiting 20 plus years for one of the two drum magazines to do a cover story on Eric, i thought ok i will subscribe to one of the two magazines and maybe one of the two will do it. So i subscribe to DRUM! (of which i love but it seems smaller now…. of well) and then Moder Drummer finally does it ...LOL… oh well maybe next time DRUM!!!... keep up the good work.

Signature 

“what if there is no tomorrow… there wasn’t one today”

Posted: September 22, 2010 10:49 AM

Rev.D.

• Total Posts: 190

I saw KISS in concert last Saturday. It was the greatest show I have ever seen. Eric played effortlessly, and with tremendous finesse.

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: September 22, 2010 11:33 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Total Posts: 312

I wondered where you went.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: September 22, 2010 12:25 PM

Rev.D.

• Total Posts: 190

It was a mini vacation. A birthday present from my wife. But back to Erik, he was fantastic, a real pro. His professionalism was highlighted by the complete contrast of the angst filled young drummers in the opening bands that beat their drums like they owed them money. Eric’s drumming was flawless, effortless, controlled, and true to the original recordings. He also spent a lot of time standing, and twirling both sticks and cymbals. A great musician and showman!

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.