Video Lessons from current magazine?

Posted: October 22, 2010 04:58 AM

Armando

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 3

I’m new to the magazine (and drumming on a kit) and I’m interested in a couple of the lessons in the most recent issue that have the little icon for “Video Lesson”.

Do I find these somehwere on the site?  Do I look for them on the DRUM! YouTube channel?

THanks!
Armando

Posted: October 22, 2010 09:52 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Hi Armando,

At the moment, you can search for video titles using the search engine above. You can also click on “Lessons” on the menu bar at the top of the home page and scroll through the titles and descriptions until you find the video you want. Please keep in mind that our video lessons are current up to the September issue of DRUM! (with Josh Freese on the cover). October issue lessons should begin posting next week.

I know that my suggestions for finding videos on drummagazine.com are rather clumsy, and in fact we are in the process of designing a video channel page that will make it infinitely easier for users like you to peruse the video lessons and interviews on the site. I just saw a preliminary design for the channel page yesterday and I can tell it’s going to look pretty sweet. We’re probably about a month away from launching it, so please stay tuned.

And thanks for becoming a member of drummagazine.com!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: October 24, 2010 12:28 PM

cheeseslope

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

I found this thread wondering where the video lessons for Methods of Mayhem might be. So, I’m happy that they’ll be available soon.

Until the video channel is ready, I think the best index of all the Drum! videos is on the YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/drum