Tama SILVERSTAR?!?!?

Posted: November 16, 2010 07:54 PM

Set2fail515

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 2

I’ve been looking at the new products list on guitar center and various sites waiting to find any info on these things. But so far I’ve only seen the prices and a small description. They sound interesting, but i want to know a little more about them before i can start saving for them. So does anyone know anything about these things?

Posted: November 16, 2010 08:06 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Hang tight — I just emailed my contact at Tama and will get back to you as soon as I have some details.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: November 17, 2010 12:22 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

I got a reply from my buddy Jim Gallagher at Hoshino (Tama’s parent company) about the Silverstar line. Here ‘tis:

“Hi Andy, the official reply from Tama…

Silverstar is a new line coming out in 2011”

Well, that sure shed some light on the Silverstar question! Actually, I don’t blame these guys for being tight lipped. Tama, just like every drum company, wants their new models to make a big impression at the upcoming NAMM show in January. I’m sure they worry about competitors stealing some of their ideas if they prematurely leak details about the new kit before its official launch date. I promise you, though, that I will make a point to drop by the Tama booth at NAMM, shoot a bunch of video of the Silverstar line, and get it online ASAP. So keep your eyes on drummagazine.com in mid-January, 2011.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk

Posted: November 17, 2010 12:35 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

Here’s a bit more info I just found:

Shells on Tama’s new Silverstar drums are all birch, employ the company’s Accel-Driver formula, and are finished in a clear lacquer. The drums are outfitted with triple-flanged hoops, redesigned Star-Mount tom mounts, a slide-able tom holder, and a classic white-coated kick drumhead. Suggested retail price is $1,218.74 for a six-piece shell pack with a 22” x 18” kick, 10” x 8” and 12” x 9” toms, 14” x 12” and 16” x 14” floor toms, and 14” x 5” snare. In other words, you can expect to pay between $800–$1,000 for a whole lot of drums that have a whole lot of high-end features. Altogether, it sounds like a smoking deal.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk

Posted: November 17, 2010 09:14 PM

Set2fail515

• Newbie Rank

wow, that sounds just like what i was looking for! thanks for the info, can’t wait for the new tama sets at NAMM!!

Posted: November 21, 2010 02:53 PM

erniek

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 16

Hmmm, although I am occasionally active over on the Tama Forum, I have to admit this is the first I’ve heard of the Silverstar series. Interesting!

Posted: December 30, 2010 10:13 AM

cobaltblastglitter

• Newbie Rank

I just spoke with my Tama sales rep before he takes off for NAMM later this month. The Silverstar sets are to be the start of the pro series kits.Tama is going to discontinue the Superstar line but continue the Superstar Hyper-Drive line. I was told that MAP pricing on the Silverstar line is going to be around $699.00.

Posted: January 08, 2011 09:42 AM

frippi

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

I have looked around for the same reason, & have also found that the new´s from TAMA, is ab. the Silverstar line.
Will most probably order a 6-piece kit, when they are reachable in Sweden.
Are they presented as shellpack´s with hardware, as prev. Superstar? Most interesting to see the finishes, cause the prev.
lack the kind I pref. like the"Custom Amber Fade” -style.  Krossing my fingers.. rolleyes

Posted: January 08, 2011 11:55 AM

cobaltblastglitter

• Newbie Rank

I just recievd my NAMM booklet and was able to get a picture of the new Silverstar sets. From what I have been told and can see they are going to be all Lacquer kits, no wraps at lease at this time.They are also featuring a new type of mount system. They will be all birch shells. I also am hearing that they are going to be difficult to get from the smaller independent dealers in the first quarter of this year. As always most of them are going to the Sam Ash and Guitar Center stores and to the on line places. I also have heard a lot of them are going to the larger drum shops.

Posted: March 22, 2012 04:03 PM

linanne1012

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

All birch, and clear laquer. Sturdy hardware. Sounds like a good set of drums, but I would still play em before you buy them!

Hi everyone! READ ON

I recently entered a contest for female drummers, called Hit Like A Girl.

I am trying to string up as many votes as possible to get into the top 12, so if you like what you hear, feel free to vote & forward the link!

Thank you for your time.

http://www.hitlikeagirl2012.com/videos/lindsay-a