December Gigs

Posted: December 02, 2010 08:50 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Does anybody remember when December was the busiest month of the year, with lucrative holiday parties and a big New Year’s Eve paycheck? It now seems like the slowest month of the year, since party planners prefer to hire DJs instead of live musicians.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: December 04, 2010 11:27 PM

NickMason

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 36

As of right now I only have 3 gigs this month, including new years, but this is an extremely busy month for me.
Right now I have 2 rehearsals per week with a new group I have been hired for, and next week I start rehearsals for a fill in session in January and with one of my regular groups for upcoming gigs.

So thats around 20 new songs I am working on learning every day, and rehearsing 4 days a week with 3 bands.

Sometimes I sleep wink

Signature 

~Nick
nickmason.org

Posted: December 12, 2010 12:11 PM

Rev.D.

• Total Posts: 190

When I was single I spent my holidays on the road(with various bands), and the holidays were the busiest months of the year. But things change. I am so thankful that this month , we only booked one show so we could spend more time with our families, and I only have two days in the studio. A very pleasant and relaxing December this year. I would rather spend time with my wife during the holidays than be behind my kit with my band. Now if she could travel with me, that would be a different story all together.

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: December 13, 2010 02:47 PM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165

@Rev.D. - thanks for the perspective.

Hey would like to ask you a question. Can I send you a private message?

Posted: December 18, 2010 09:34 AM

Rev.D.

• Total Posts: 190
David Pak - 13 December 2010 02:47 PM

@Rev.D. - thanks for the perspective.

Hey would like to ask you a question. Can I send you a private message?

Yes, of course.

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.