Brian Blade

Posted: March 17, 2013 06:44 AM

Nick Kapka

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 3

Hello all you wonderful drummers out there. I just attended the Brian Blade fellowship band show here in Chicago at the beautiful old town school of folk.  Most of us are familiar with Brian. I myself do not own any of Brian’s recordings but due to his amazing reputation I had to see this show in what I consider a beautiful auditorium. I was completely mesmerized by Brian’s playing. His choice of everything from his tuning, cymbals drums, fills, etc. were absolutely amazing. Just the way he flowed within the songs completely inspired me. I have to say I get something out of 99.9% of drummers I see but Brian’s playing did something else for me. Not sure what that “something else” is but he made me just want to play better. Might sound crazy but I had butterflies in my stomach most of the way home just thinking about playing. Anyway, enough of my rant. Just wanted to share this excitement with other drummers. If you haven’t, check Brian out. Happy Sunday to all you drummers. Nick Kapka, Chicago