The “DRUM!” Magazine ‘Time Capsule’ Column!

Posted: May 03, 2013 09:36 AM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

I have to write about how much I’m enjoying the ‘Time Capsule’ Column that closes out every issue! 2 months ago, it featured Joey Kramer’s last DW Kit-the ‘Orange Reptile’ w/ white pedals/hdwr. I’ve always been attracted to all of Kramer’s DW Kits, the white hardware in particular! He’s w/ Ludwig again, as of 2011. This month’s ‘...Capsule’ featured the legendary Hal Blaine’s Gretsch ‘Timbale Kit’. I own Blaine’s autobiography, & there are mentionms & photos of this kit there. It was awesome to see it in “DRUM!” I really love DonnBennett’s collection of famous Kits! His website is great, too. Keep them coming, Andy (oh, & you mentioned in the article that Blaine’s ‘Monster Octoplus Kit’ will be featured in a future article…I cannot wait!)

Posted: November 12, 2013 02:44 AM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

Being that the track “Human Wheels” is & always has been, my favorite drum part that Kenny Aronoff has ever eecorded, seeing the kit that it was recorded ON in this month’s “Time Capsule” was a thrill & a half! I met Kenny @ a Clinic back in 2003-2004 & asked him what setup he used for that session. He responded” I think it was an Imperialstar…not sure. I know it had Gauger RIMS Mounts & was a red-ish color. & the hi hats I used were the K/Z Combo hats.” So his response didn’t really give me a clear answer. But thanks to the column, I have my answer in full-color! I must say that I am surprised that Mr. Aronoff didn’t remember the kit more clearly!

Brian Jezuit