Forum Topics

Posted: July 07, 2010 03:37 PM

Phil Hood

• Administrator RankRank
  • Total Posts: 32

Here’s the place to make comments about the magazine and communicate with the editors. We’ll also post links here to give you a headsup on doings at the magazine.
Thanks,
Phil

Posted: September 03, 2010 11:43 AM

zepfan81

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 21

hey I do have a question, you guys seem to run a lot of contests giving away some very cool gear. Now obviously the winners would be notified, that’s a given, but do you guys announce the winners anywhere for all to see?

Posted: September 03, 2010 02:26 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Good question!

Bad answer!

We occasionally announce the winners in the magazine and/or online, but not as a rule. Phil and I just talked about it and decided that we will always post the winners on the drummagazine.com giveaway page after the names have been drawn. Thanks for the idea!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: September 03, 2010 02:48 PM

zepfan81

• Newbie Rank

Awesome!! Thanks for the answer I appreciate it.

PS. No such as a bad answer….

Posted: September 03, 2010 02:50 PM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165
zepfan81 - 03 September 2010 11:43 AM

hey I do have a question, you guys seem to run a lot of contests giving away some very cool gear. Now obviously the winners would be notified, that’s a given, but do you guys announce the winners anywhere for all to see?

Wow! You ask a question and Phil & Andy respond. I bet you wish you had asked about winning a new drumkit instead. raspberry

Posted: September 03, 2010 03:07 PM

zepfan81

• Newbie Rank

HAHAHA I know its awesome!!!! And darn!!! I wasted a question…..can I have a do over… lmao

Phil and Andy Rock!!!

Posted: September 28, 2010 06:07 AM

larick65

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

I am a 44yr old drummer from Atlanta who currently plays in a rock cover band known as the Radio Bandits. I have played since I can remember, but started learning to read music (snare line) in fifth grade and played through to college while marching with the Southern Pride Marching Band from Georgia Southern. I have never been one who can read music for a kit. When you post music charts for grooves and/or licks in your magazine, I try to painstakingly dissect it. I play by ear. If I can hear it, I can usually play or come mighty close.

Here’s the idea: When you post music for grooves, combine it with a link to your website so we can hear the groove – not with the other instrumentation, but solo. Readers can then listen as they decipher the musical notations. This not only makes the process easier and more interesting, it also drives readers to your website.

:O)

LA Ricketson

Posted: September 28, 2010 03:46 PM

guarilio989

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 171
larick65 - 28 September 2010 06:07 AM

I am a 44yr old drummer from Atlanta who currently plays in a rock cover band known as the Radio Bandits. I have played since I can remember, but started learning to read music (snare line) in fifth grade and played through to college while marching with the Southern Pride Marching Band from Georgia Southern. I have never been one who can read music for a kit. When you post music charts for grooves and/or licks in your magazine, I try to painstakingly dissect it. I play by ear. If I can hear it, I can usually play or come mighty close.

Here’s the idea: When you post music for grooves, combine it with a link to your website so we can hear the groove – not with the other instrumentation, but solo. Readers can then listen as they decipher the musical notations. This not only makes the process easier and more interesting, it also drives readers to your website.

:O)

LA Ricketson

I’ve been playing since I was 6 and I still can’t read music for the whole kit. I vote for a link! ( if there’s a vote) lol

Signature 

Hit Hard, Play Fast, Have Fun