Greetings!

Posted: May 09, 2013 04:17 PM

Bassist Learning Drums

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 3

Hello all!  I did not find a welcome thread, so I hope it is ok I am posting here.  I have been a drummer since 2007.  I play on a 5 piece Export with Zildjian A, Paiste PST5, and Wuhan cymbals.  I am here to gain some insight and learn more of what it takes to improve my drumming.  I can also share what I have learned through my journey.  As my Screen Name states, I am a bassist too.  I have been one since 1984.  Totally love playing it, and still do.  But my new found love is the drums.  Its mysticism intrigues me.

Posted: May 23, 2013 12:47 PM

JDragon

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 23

Hello- (so many are busy w/Life I guess they hardly get on their computers!) I play rock and blues and appreciate the bassists I’ve accompanied- it takes a lot to hold the bottom together! I’ve played for over 40 years and still keep rocking’! Welcome aboard- it gets quiet here sometimes!!!!!

Posted: May 24, 2013 05:48 PM

Bassist Learning Drums

• Newbie Rank

Thanks for the kind welcome!  I see this forum is slow.  That is a shame.  I figured with Drum! magazine being such an awesome magazine, so many people would frequent here.  I guess the word about the forum needs to be spread.

Posted: May 26, 2013 11:35 PM

Phil Hood

• Administrator RankRank
  • Total Posts: 33
Bassist Learning Drums - 24 May 2013 05:48 PM

Thanks for the kind welcome!  I see this forum is slow.  That is a shame.  I figured with Drum! magazine being such an awesome magazine, so many people would frequent here.  I guess the word about the forum needs to be spread.

Welcome. Tell us what your interest is and we’ll see if we’ve got something that meets your needs.

Posted: May 28, 2013 03:10 PM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165

This is such a strange situation. The expertise and connections of DRUM! are right at people’s finger tips and it’s not leveraged anywhere near as much as it could be.

Need to contact a manufacturer with a question? BAM! Andy is on it.

Need to contact an industry agency with a question? BAM! Phil is on it.

Have a question about DRUM! Magazine (which you should think about subscribing to)? BAM! Dave is on it.

Have a question about the best pizza in Chicago? BAM! David is on it.

Posted: May 28, 2013 06:58 PM

Bassist Learning Drums

• Newbie Rank
Phil Hood - 26 May 2013 11:35 PM

Welcome. Tell us what your interest is and we’ll see if we’ve got something that meets your needs.

Thanks Phil!  I think most of interest is going to lie in the instructional methods.  I am working through Stick Control, and am having some understanding of the triplet exercises.  I have no teacher, and really wish I could go to one, but my life is preventing that to work for me.  Anyways, my problem with Triplets in Stick Control is that when I play the exercises, I am having trouble going from 4/4 to 3/4.  It starts smooth, but gets troublesome after a couple repeats.  I know the “play it slow an d build”, but I think actually hearing it would help me out.  Any ideas?