Dw cherry drums

Posted: June 11, 2013 02:02 PM

Nickkapka

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 7

Hi everyone, I just purchased a cherry dw set and have to say that I have found the sound I’ve been searching for all my life. I’m a proud owner of multiple maple dw’s (5 to be exact) and love all of them. They are from various era’s and all have they’re own personality. That’s the beauty of dw’s. I actually bought the exact kit from the drum homepage that Rick Latham played at the Chicago drum show clinic. I think dw nailed it with cherry. It really channels my inner 12 year old that used to air drum to kiss records. I get that excited playing these babies. I just had to share this with all the drum readers that might be in the market for a new kit. Do yourself a favor and at least take these babies for a test drive if possible. Thanks to all my drum magazine peers for listening to my rant about my exciting new drums. And to drum magazine , Phil , Andy , Dave ,Andrew and everyone else at drum thanks for the greatest magazine around. Cheers from Chicago . Nick Kapka

Posted: June 28, 2013 01:50 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

Hi Nickkapka! I havn’t ‘test-driven’ the new DW cherry wood drums as of yet, but as anyone who has read my posts on this Forum knows, I’m a DW guy for life! I love everything that I’ve ever purchased from them, & cannot see myself playing any other make of acoustic drums, pedals, or hardware! From Ludwig, to Pearl, & a quick second w/ Tama-DW is the make for me, & I can only speak for myself. It’s just cool to see another DW lover!
Brian Jezuit