Heel Toe

Posted: January 13, 2011 11:56 AM

thedrumm

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 2

I am a new drummer and i am really new to this technique, any help will be greatly appreciated good or bad,  at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryeoiXj2458 and my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/mynameisledzep?feature=mhum

Posted: March 06, 2011 09:01 AM

ProgDrumSolutions

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 9

If you are new to drumming, it will just take time, and lots of practice. Im sure youve heard that already, but its true. I would love to learn heal toe, and the moehler technique even. I’ve been playing rock style so long, its like starting over. But I also know with more practice, anything is possible. I have played along with songs that I thought would never be possible, with a few months of determined practice.

You have to push your limits, and not quit. I have seen alot of people quit because they think “drums are easy”, and when they tried they realized it isnt as easy as some drummers make it look. If you are wanting to play heal toe, there are lots of videos and instructions online. Youtube has some I have looked at. But the videos only show you one persons technique. You have to work on what feels right for you. Then you can use their instructions to polish your technique.

Good luck.

Signature 

Progressive Drumming Solutions
Dwayne
Owner, drummer, designer

Posted: March 08, 2011 11:44 AM

Rev.D.

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 190
ProgDrumSolutions - 06 March 2011 09:01 AM

If you are new to drumming, it will just take time, and lots of practice. I

the videos only show you one persons technique. You have to work on what feels right for you. Then you can use their instructions to polish your technique.

Good luck.

Could not see your video, your account is closed.
The basic foot movement took me only minutes to learn, but mastering heel-toe took me years of practice. Just don’t give up when you get frustrated, because it will get frustrating. If you know how to read drum music, practice snare exercises with your feet once you get the hang of the foot motion. If not, practice a regular kick, snare fill(double on the kick than on the snare) slowly, than increase the tempo as you get better. Remember start with one foot at a time.

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: March 09, 2011 05:55 PM

ProgDrumSolutions

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 9

I dont have any videos. I am still working on the technique myself. I was saying there are dozens of videos on youtube, from other drummers, that show how to do it. Sorry for any confusion.

Signature 

Progressive Drumming Solutions
Dwayne
Owner, drummer, designer

Posted: March 09, 2011 07:53 PM

Rev.D.

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 190

No problem. Most of the techniques are relatively similar. Look through the different techniques, and try each one until you find the one that is right for you. Then practice.

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.