Meytal Cohen in “DRUM!”

Posted: August 30, 2013 11:59 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

I was very excited to see Meytal Cohen in the “YouTube Drum Artists” Feature in the new Issue (#208, 10/2013) when it arrived yesterday! Although I’m not familiar w/ the other drummers in that Feature, I’ve been watching Meytal’s cover videos for over a year & a half & am happy to see her receiving the recognition that she deserves. I cannot remember which issue, but I know that she was featured in “New Blood” a year, or so back. & having EVERY issue since 1999, it’d be a LOOONG ‘thumb through’ of back issues, so if anyone knows which issue she was in, I’d really love for you to post it or message me. Congrats, Meytal!

Posted: August 31, 2013 06:07 AM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

I , just this morning—not 6 hours after my post regarding my excitement of the “Feature on YouTube Drummers”, & the inclusion of my personal favorite Meytal Choen—actually (quite by ‘accident’) FOUND the issue in which she was featured in the ‘New Blood’ section that is w/in ‘Single Strokes’! In my earlier post, I asked for any help from anyone who might have known which issue her ‘New Blood’ feature was in. I KNEW that I saw her in it, but didn’t remember the exact issue. Well, it so happens that I decided to stick in my DW DVD; “Bozzio/Wackerman—D2, Duets Volume Two: The Encore Performance”! After a few minutes of viewing that I grabbed my “Traps” issue that has the Terry Bozzio cover story (Issue #7, Autumn 2008). That reminded me that “DRUM!” did a Master Class Feature w/ Bozzio. I grabbed that issue (July 2011, #181, w/ Tim Yeung cover). & well, what do you know? Flipping through to get to the Bozzio Master Class, I pass ‘New Blood’, & there’s Meytal! All I can say is; talk about coincidence!!!
Thank you, Brian Jezuit