Phil Collins reveals he will never drum again due to spine injury..

Posted: April 07, 2011 05:41 PM

corillo

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/10/exclusive-phil-collins-reveals-he-will-never-drum-again-due-to-spine-injury-115875-21662312/

whats everyones thoughts on this?

Posted: April 16, 2011 10:46 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Very sad. I’ll never forget seeing Phil play with Genesis in countless small clubs when I was a kid growing up in London. I had a ringside seat to watch Genesis slowly grow from a local band to an international sensation.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: April 16, 2011 04:40 PM

Baloo

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 9

“I’ll never forget seeing Phil play with Genesis in countless small clubs when I was a kid growing up in London.”

Can’t top that but I feel fortunate to have seen the ‘Lamb Lies Down On Broadway’ show in Detroit in 1974.  Phil Collins still sounded fantastic the last time I saw Genesis a couple of years ago.

Posted: August 19, 2011 09:24 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 110

Phil once said, “I’m a pretty good singer, & I’m not a bad songwriter. But you know, drumming’s the best thing I do. Sometimes I forget that.”
I’ve actually met non-drummer Phil fans that didn’t even KNOW that he’s a legend in drumming!

My personal fave : ‘Dance On A Volcano’ from ‘76’s “A Trick Of The Tail”! This was the 1st record w/ Phil as the frontman, as well. The spacious tom fills in the intro & the frantic groove for the verses make it my perfect example of Phil’s drumming & the fact that he can make a song groove w/out using a single cymbal (or hi hat) in “I Don’t Care Anymore” is priceless!

It is a real shame & loss to the drumming community, as well as the music industry as a whole that he cannot play the drums anymore. I was quite saddend to read this in “DRUM!”
Brian JeZuit

Posted: August 19, 2011 09:39 PM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165

Phil Collins is reason enough that we should be funneling every dollar in the Federal coffers to step cell research. For more proof of Phil Collins Awesomeness I present to you his participation in helping a broken heart hear… via NPR Podcast

Posted: January 09, 2012 01:45 PM

Medium Size Dog

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 7

For anyone who is skeptical or wants to be more blown away by Phil Collins, please Find and listen to as much Brand X as you can. To dig even further, find MARSCAPE by Jack Lancaster and Robin Lumley from 1976!! It’s Brand X before Brand X was Brand X! I have the original vinyl, have seen cassettes but have never seen it on CD. It also has the great gone Morris Pert.