Poll
Which of the following drummers should get the gig with Dream Theater?
Marco Minnemann 1
Thomas Lang 1
Aquiles Priester 0
Mike Mangini 1
Derek Roddy 2
Peter Wildoer 0
Total Votes: 5
You must be a logged-in member to vote

New Dream Theater Drummer

Posted: April 26, 2011 07:09 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Six world-famous drummers ā€” Marco Minnemann, Thomas Lang, Aquiles Priester, Mike Mangini, Derek Roddy, and Peter Wildoer ā€” auditioned for the Dream Theater drum throne left vacant by Mike Portnoy. The band is set to announce the name of its new drummer any day, but first Iā€™d like to see which drummer you think most deserves the gig.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: May 04, 2011 05:32 PM

ProgDrumSolutions

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 9

Man what a decision to have to make. I am a huge DT fan, and have listened to them since the “when dream and day unite” days. I think Marco, Thomas, or Aquiles would do great. I like them all.

I picked Marco though, with Aquiles being my second. Alot of people accused Mike of trying to get to heavy with the DT music. I think if they go with any of the super fast guys, they will have issues. But I think any of the drummers listed will do well, and I look forward to hearing the next DT album.

Signature 

Progressive Drumming Solutions
Dwayne
Owner, drummer, designer

Posted: August 07, 2011 10:32 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 110

To be honest, I was a bit dissapointed that Roddy didn’t get the gig. Mike Mangini is certainly qualified & then some, no argument there, but I’ve been a fan of Roddy’s for quite awhile & thought that he would have been the…well…‘best’ choice!