Stewart Copeland

Posted: May 26, 2011 09:16 PM

theparadiddler

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 26

Ok, I just noticed this.  This is Stewart Copeland month, and there’s no thread dedicated to him?  WHAT?!?

But I digress.  I while back I sent Mr. Copeland three ‘interview’ questions, which he answered for me!  I published an article with his answers and some of my thoughts regarding them:

Stewart Copeland Answers Questions From The Paradiddler

I hope you find it interesting (at least I did!).

Oh and by the way, if Stewart does have his own thread already elsewhere in this forum, my apologies!  smile

Signature 

Omar Alvarado, The Paradiddler
The Paradiddler on Twitter
The Paradiddler on YouTube
The Paradiddler on Facebook

Posted: August 06, 2011 02:09 AM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 110

Great questions! Copeland is 1 of the many reasons that I developed such a passion for drumming 20 yrs ago! Every time I listen to ANY “Police” tune, Stewart’s soundtrack material (“The EQualiZer” being my personal fave), or “GiZmo” tunes, I hear something new that I didn’t prior. I particularly liked the question re: his traditional grip. On a Drumming Festival DVD Set that I own, he’s interviewed & asked about that very topic. He says that he uses a “bastardiZed” version of it, as he places that stick between his fore & middle fingers (don’t try it…it kills). Thanks for posting & keep ‘em coming!