Rev.D. RIP

Posted: August 10, 2011 06:51 AM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 107

The DRUM! Forum will dearly miss Dennis Lozano, who passed away on July 26 of heart failure. Dennis was one of the very first drummers to sign up as a member of DRUMmagazine.com (his screen name was Rev.D.) and was an active and enthusiastic participant in the Forum almost from the very moment it was launched. His input on this board was invaluable and he demonstrated a deep knowledge and love for drums and drumming, and a clear interest in helping other members who had questions.

A resident of Harlingen, Texas, Dennis was a busy drummer with such bands as Kalamity Jane, Gypsy Rose, Inner Sanctum, Jump Start Auto, and Less Than After. He also served as a young adults/youth pastor for more than a decade, receiving his minister’s ordination in 2008 with Valley International Christian Center in San Benito, Texas.

Dennis is survived by his loving and devoted wife Sabrina Lozano; father David M. (Janice) Lozano; sisters Trish (David) Swander, Heather (Carson) Williams, Rebecca Lozano; brothers David M. Lozano, Jr., Daniel M. Lozano and Michael Lozano; nieces and nephews Jason Swander, Savannah Swander, Miranda Lozano, Cristy Lee Rojas, Stacey Wing, Daniel M. Lozano, II, Alexa Williams, Simon Alonzo, Jr., Kayla Morales, Sammy Alonzo and Zack Chavez.

Rest in peace, Rev.D.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: August 10, 2011 08:41 AM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165

My only interaction with Rev.D. was through cyberspace but it felt like I knew him. Or at least this part of his life. RIP Rev.D. You will be remembered and missed.

Posted: August 14, 2011 09:41 AM

Drumfiend

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 20

We will all miss you Rev.. Say hello to Mr. Bellson, Mr. Krupa and Mr. Rich…

Posted: January 07, 2012 04:20 PM

erniek

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 16

Damn. Guess I haven’t been around here in a while. Bit of a bummer to log in and find an active supporting member has done his last roll. Condolences.

Posted: March 17, 2013 06:26 AM

Nick Kapka

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 3

I’m very sorry to hear this