Poll
Do you want to hear Mike Mangini tell you how happy he is again and again?
Yes, I can’t get enough of his enthusiasm 0
No, just give him longer solos 5
Total Votes: 5
You must be a logged-in member to vote

Tired Of Dream Theater Press Releases Yet?

Posted: October 06, 2011 02:03 PM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 107

I think Mike Mangini is a great guy, an amazing player, and one of the few drummers who can adequately fill Mike Portnoy’s vacated drum throne. And all the anticipation surrounding the Dream Theater drummer auditions and subsequent announcement was pretty exciting. But I feel as if I’ve seen one too many “press releases” at this point about how thankful Mangini feels about being chosen for the gig. Enough already. Mangini is Dream Theater’s new drummer. I think most of the drumming universe moved on a couple months ago.

Or am I wrong? Is it time for Dream Theater to stop rehashing Mangini’s reaction to winning the audition, or do you really want to hear him tell you again how happy he is about the new gig?

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: October 06, 2011 11:01 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 110

Thank you for that post, Andy! I totally agree…we in the drumming community GET THE MESSAGE!!! Yes, Mangini is great & prpbbaly will be able to helm the band, but like you wrote…“enough already”. Also, I wrote new thread regarding his “Pure Dream” kit. I don’t know if you read it (it’s inder the “Gear” section. Personally, I was really hoping that Derek Roddy got the gig, but I digress.
Be well, Brian Jezuit