December issue 2011

Posted: November 03, 2011 07:11 AM

per-rock

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 13

Hey!
I just got the december issue and some things i’m wondering about:
1: Does the front page usually be shorter than the full magazine?
2: Is it always two sides on the front cause the thing that hold it together won’t do that anymore.
Either way great magazine, and I am happy to see my issue so early!

Posted: November 03, 2011 02:16 PM

drumbri24

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 109

Hi ‘per-rock’. I’ll address your questions as you posted…& good questions, they are-especially if you’re not all that familiar w/ the month-to-month formatting of “DRUM!” Magazine!
The front cover page & magazine are usually the same size. That brings me to the 2nd question! This month’s issue is our annual “Wish Book” issue, which is a 2-sided issue-the 1st half being the regular monthly “DRUM!” that we’ve all grown to know & love. The 2nd half is the annual “Wish Book” section, which is a catalog of new gear that has been recently released, in time for the Christmas Holiday, that we all drool over! This is a yearly treat that “DRUM!” gives to our readers as a little extra! I’ve always loved it. Actually, when my issue arrived today I commented to my Brother as to how quickly this year has passed. I told him that LAST year’s Dec issue had Matt Cameron on the front cover & a DW Performance Kit on the “Wish Book” (back) cover!
I hope that I’ve asnwered your questions to your satisfaction! Please feel free to post any & all questions that you may have in the future!
Be well & Happy Holidays!
Brian Jezuit

Posted: November 07, 2011 05:22 PM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165

Hey just wanted to chime in and bump this note. The head honchos are at an industry event but will try to get them to chime in on this when they return.

Posted: November 26, 2011 04:05 PM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165

@per-rock - just wanted to follow up on this. I was looking at the DEC 2011 issue and I think I understand what you are referring to. This issue has a special wishbook feature so there are two “covers”. Most issues will have one cover that is the full width of the magazine.

Posted: December 02, 2011 01:51 PM

per-rock

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 13

Yes thanks for the replys!