Matt Chamberlain - Up Close and Personal - April 3, 2012

Posted: March 16, 2012 10:16 AM

Jmkdrums

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 4

Memphis Drum Shop and myCymbal.com present Matt Chamberlain

Featuring Virtual Q&A with Matt, Johnny Craviotto, and Scott Liken of Istanbul Agop.
They will take questions via Facebook & Twitter. Answers will be streamed live.

This event will also be LIVE STREAMED for FREE at myCymbal.com & MemphisDrumShop.com

Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Start time: 6:00 P.M. (CST)

878 S Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104

Call (901) 276-2328 for more information.

Signature 

“Nope, magnet is not sticking…”

Posted: April 03, 2012 11:31 AM

Jmkdrums

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 4

TONIGHT!!!!

Up Close and Personal with Matt Chamberlain at Memphis Drum Shop. Featuring Virtual Q&A with Matt, Johnny Craviotto, and Scott Liken of Istanbul Agop. They will take questions via Facebook & Twitter. Answers will be streamed live.

This event will be LIVE STREAMED for FREE at myCymbal.com & MemphisDrumShop.com. The stream will also be simulcast live on DrumChannel.com.

Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Start time: 6:00 P.M. (CST)

878 S Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104

Call (901) 276-2328 for more information.

Signature 

“Nope, magnet is not sticking…”

Posted: April 05, 2012 04:52 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 110

Hi! Thanks so much for the info ‘Jmkdrums’! Matt has been a major influence for me since the ‘90s, when I 1st heard the Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians album “Ghost Of A Dog”. After that he wowed me w/ The Wallflowers’ “Bringing Down The Horse” record in 1996! SUCH an AMAZING snare drum sound on ‘One Headlight’ & ‘Invisible City ‘!!! He was a DW Drums endorser then & he used a 14x5 DW Copper snare w/ triple flanged hoops for that recording!  His works w/ Tori Amos are notrhing less than stellar, @ least to this drummer (for a great concert w/ Chamberlain, check out Tori Amos’  “Welcome To Sunny Florida” DVD/CD package-the DVD is a 179 minute concert that has some great footage of Matt. The show is good in & of itself, too).
Matt studied w/ Murray Spivak who taught him his now infamous traditional grip style! I will most certainly view Matt’s Q & A on myCymbal.com & MemphisDrumShop.com. I’m 2 days late for the LIVE streaming…I hope that it’s still online! Thank you again for the information! It’s quite nice to hear from another Matt Chamberlain fan!
Oh & BTW, if you want some additional information on Matt, check out “DRUM!” Magazine’s ‘Red Light Jedis-10 Session Drummers Who Changed Music’ article in the March 2005 issue ( “DRUM!” Issue # 105 ; Vol. 14, Issue 2)!
Thanks & be well to all!
Brian Jezuit