Digital subscription offer

Posted: June 01, 2012 01:56 PM

drumjack52

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

Just got the July 2012 issue and inside the wrapper is a sheet of stickers along with news of a free digital subscription to go along with the print subscription. It says to log on to the subscribe section and click the renew button. I did that and there was nothing there to indicate anything about a digital subscription. Am I too early or what?

I already have a 3 year sub which expires in 2015 so renewal is something I really don’t need. However I would like to have the digital version. How do I go about getting that? Will there be an option to just get the digital issue and drop the print issue or will I continue to get the print issue as well? I have some magazines that allow me to change from the print version to the online version.

Please advise one way or the other.

Thanks

Jack

Signature 

drumjack52
member at drumchannel.com and Drumeo Live/Edge

Posted: June 01, 2012 02:02 PM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 108

Hey Jack,

Don’t worry — the digital edition will kick with the August issue. Thanks for subscribing!

Andy

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: June 01, 2012 02:12 PM

drumjack52

• Newbie Rank
Andy Doerschuk - 01 June 2012 02:02 PM

Hey Jack,

Don’t worry — the digital edition will kick with the August issue. Thanks for subscribing!

Andy

Thanks for the quick reply. Will I still have to do anything to receive the digital issue? That’s one thing that current subscribers that don’t need to renew aren’t covered by in the instructions. With a 3 year sub there’s no immediate need to add another year.

Jack

Signature 

drumjack52

Posted: June 25, 2012 09:50 PM

Nickkapka

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 7
Andy Doerschuk - 01 June 2012 02:02 PM

Hey Jack,

Andy

I’m looking forward to it.

Posted: July 10, 2012 05:33 AM

Pintado

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

I’m currently overseas, is the digital edition going to be thru an ITunes app or will you download it from some place.  I have an iPad and want to know a little bit more about how your going to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: July 26, 2012 07:21 AM

drumjack52

• Newbie Rank

Got the August print issue but there’s been nothing more on the digital issue which was supposed to start with this August issue. Has it happened, been delayed, or what? Also, for those of us that already have a print issue subscription but don’t need to or want to extend (at this time) their subscription how do we get the digital issue? And would that be in lieu of, or in addition to, the print issue?

Further there’s nothing on the magazine home page about the digital issue.

Signature 

drumjack52

Posted: August 15, 2012 09:29 PM

shubham

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 2

Hey, I’m from India and am very interested in subscribing to this magazine. Now the problem is I can’t see my country’s name on the subscription page. Is there any other way to subscribe?

Posted: August 16, 2012 04:32 AM

drumjack52

• Newbie Rank

As an update two days ago I got an email notifying me that my digital issue of the September issue was available online which is good. Only thing is I’d already had my September print issue for over a week when I got the email notification. Never got a notification for the August issue but here’s a good thing: apparently once logged in and looking at the September issue I was able to see a couple of previous issues one of which was the cymbal special issue from earlier this year. Cool.

Signature 

drumjack52

Posted: August 16, 2012 03:09 PM

Phil Hood

• Administrator RankRank
  • Total Posts: 32
shubham - 15 August 2012 09:29 PM

Hey, I’m from India and am very interested in subscribing to this magazine. Now the problem is I can’t see my country’s name on the subscription page. Is there any other way to subscribe?

Hi, I’ve alerted our subscription service bureau of the problem. Once it’s fixed I’ll let you know.
Thanks,
Phil Hood
DRUM!

Posted: August 16, 2012 09:16 PM

shubham

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 2
Phil Hood - 16 August 2012 03:09 PM
shubham - 15 August 2012 09:29 PM

Hi, I’ve alerted our subscription service bureau of the problem. Once it’s fixed I’ll let you know.
Thanks,
Phil Hood
DRUM!

Thank You so much

Posted: August 16, 2012 10:35 PM

David Pak

• Total Posts: 165

How often do you get a question answered by the publisher of the magazine? Nice.

Posted: August 17, 2012 10:49 AM

Phil Hood

• Administrator RankRank
  • Total Posts: 32

As often as you ask. We try to answer anytime.cool grin

Posted: August 18, 2012 09:13 AM

Dual48IDAs

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

This may be a dumb question but I’ll ask anyway.  On an iPad what app/program do you need to play the lessons?

Posted: August 18, 2012 09:37 AM

Andy Doerschuk

• Total Posts: 108

I don’t believe you need any particular application. They should just play. But let me double-check to be absolutely sure!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: October 02, 2012 07:23 AM

drumjack52

• Newbie Rank
drumjack52 - 16 August 2012 04:32 AM

As an update two days ago I got an email notifying me that my digital issue of the September issue was available online which is good. Only thing is I’d already had my September print issue for over a week when I got the email notification. Never got a notification for the August issue but here’s a good thing: apparently once logged in and looking at the September issue I was able to see a couple of previous issues one of which was the cymbal special issue from earlier this year. Cool.

Usually bad form to reply to one’s own posts but here goes: Could read the September issue no problem online but I only am allowed to view a short 20 to 24 pages of the October and November issues online. What gives?

Signature 

drumjack52