How is everyone so deaf tone to..

Posted: June 05, 2012 06:34 PM

MindCrime

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 8

DRUMS… there is NO Doubt Danny Carey of TOOL is EASILY the best drummer in ALL of rock today.. you cannot listen to any TOOL album and not be completely AMAZED at his drumming.. Neil set the standard, Neil is the greatest drummer ever, but Danny has become the next Neil.. and i have listened to all the great drummers since i was 3 years old in 1972, it has always been my fav part of any music. i tune out the singing and the guitar and only hear the drums.. Danny Carey of TOOL is phenominal.. if u dont listen to TOOL.. go buy their CDs and listen to REAL drums like u never heard before…. he should be racking up these awards.

Posted: June 13, 2012 11:20 PM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 108

I can’t argue with you — Danny Carey is awesome!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: June 21, 2012 08:36 PM

MindCrime

• Newbie Rank

thanks.. i agree he is amazing… for those that have never heard him play drums.. here r some lyrics vids i made for youtube that show how good his drums are.. EVERYONE go listen and be amazed at his drums

Jambi = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft8jdZRYzO0&feature=relmfu

Aenima = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUrVWbWSRmo

Vicarious = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKWoJrimJy0

Right in Two = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrCI6h_ZgMg

i am also gonna make and upload Schism next… then i plan to try rosetta stoned.. but it is a TOUGH lyrics vid to make

please go hear the best drummer since neil peart

Posted: June 24, 2012 11:32 AM

MindCrime

• Newbie Rank

sorry if i wasn’t allowed to post those links.. i just wanted people to hear those amazing drums.. thats all

Jonathan Lindsey

i was never able to play drums because i have MS “Multiplr Sclerosis” and it affects my left arm and coordination but i love listening to a great drummer and my 2 fav drummers are neil peart and danny carey.. they are amazing in my opinion… other drummersa i think are great..
bonham “zeppelin”
drummer from the who
queensryche
believe it or not “the drummer from the kentucky headhunters”
foo fighters
metallica

those r my fav

portnoy is good “i know he is considered one of the best, but i think he is not close to the 2 i think are amazing”

Posted: June 24, 2012 11:43 AM

Andy Doerschuk

• Total Posts: 108

Hey Jonathan,

That’s a darn good list. I especially liked your reference to Fred Young of the Kentucky Headhunters. I just saw his clinic at the Chicago Drum Show a couple months ago. He’s a great guy, has killer sideburns, and has more Bonham influence in his playing than most folks would guess.

By the way, I made all of your links live. I’m not certain why you couldn’t in the first place. I’ll try to look into that for you.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: June 29, 2012 08:50 PM

MindCrime

• Newbie Rank

Very nice.. i know Fred personally.. we are both from the same small town of Edmonton, Kentucky.. population 1600.. hahaha.. everyone knows everyone here.. Black Stone Cherry is the young up and coming group from this little town.

Jonathan

Posted: June 29, 2012 09:01 PM

MindCrime

• Newbie Rank

he can play drums very good.. i think it is always so cool when he throws his drums sticks into the crowd and plays barehanded.. or at least he always does that when they play here locally.

Posted: July 04, 2012 08:14 PM

MindCrime

• Newbie Rank

[the reason you can hear the Bonham influence in Freds drums is because Zeppelin was very popular in the late 60s early 70s and when the Kentucky Headhunters started in the late late 60s/early 70s as The Itchy Brothers i am sure Fred listened to Bonham alot. I remember listening to them in studio in a local radio station called WLOC in Munforville, Kentucky “about 40 miles north of Edmonton” and it was about that time when they changed their name to just The Headhunters.. it was in the 80s when they became The Kentucky Headhunters and “as they say” the rest is history.. hahaha

i FINALLY finished making the Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned lyrics video for youtube.. IT WAS A BITCH TO MAKE.. LOL.. BUT DANNY PLAYS DRUMS AMAZING THE LAST 10 MINS OF THIS SONG…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCj1KUCS9mY

HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS

dam i left caps lock on and i am not retyping all of that… sorry.. lol

Jonathan Lindsey

Posted: July 04, 2012 08:16 PM

MindCrime

• Newbie Rank

and one more thing.. then i’ll stop being a pest… i just noticed i hit M instead of N in this topic title.. TOME instead of TONE… do u have the ability to change that so it says deaf tone instead of deaf tome?... just asking

Jonathan Lindsey

Posted: July 04, 2012 09:07 PM

David Pak

• Total Posts: 165
MindCrime - 04 July 2012 08:16 PM

and one more thing.. then i’ll stop being a pest… i just noticed i hit M instead of N in this topic title.. TOME instead of TONE… do u have the ability to change that so it says deaf tone instead of deaf tome?... just asking

Jonathan Lindsey

Fixed

Posted: July 04, 2012 10:37 PM

MindCrime

• Newbie Rank

thanks

Posted: July 20, 2012 05:15 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 110

Danny Carey will never cease to amaze me. Watching him play on videos is like watching a force of nature. Seeing him live is feeling that force as well! His technical abilities, his writing abilities in creating his drum parts, & his showmanship (which looks natural w/ him) combine to make him one of my personal favorite drummers for the last 15 years now!
To be honest, I’m not really that familiar w/ the work of the Kentucky Headhunters. However, to hear that his drumming has a noticable Bonham influence is not @ all surprising to me. In my years w/ this instrument, I’ve rarely encountered a drummer, regardless of his/her genre of music, whose drumming style HASN’T been touched by Bonzo in some way, shape, or form (myself included)! His uncanny ability to rock w/ a swing groove, w/ a drum sound all of his own, is the stuff of legend. & the mark that he placed on the drumming & music world will, I believe, always influence. I, & every drummer that I personally know has studied his work. I suggest to all of my students that they, too study, analyze, & understand his style & it’s impactual importance on our instrument.
I also wanted to write that Rush’s new masterwork ‘Clockwork Angels’ is a truly amazing record. Neil once again delivers a performance that is some of his best drumming since the ‘Signals’ & ‘Grace Under Pressure’ eras! The maturity of their sound as a band comes through on the album, in particular on “The Garden”, the closing track. A very beautiful & soft song that utilizes a string orchestration, & wonderful piano work, as well. Althpough the basic drum part is mainly comprised of a simple groove, Neil lets loose a bit @ the end, when the track reaches it’s peak! I highly anticapate the month of October, when I’ll see them live in Philly. I read an interview w/ Alex Lifeson in which he said that a string ensamble will tour w/ them for those new songs where the string arrangements are present!
Thanks everyone!
Brian Jezuit