1 of 3

Show us your gear!

Posted: August 08, 2010 10:09 PM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165

Got a pic of your favorite gear? Let’s see what you’ve got!

Posted: August 25, 2010 10:50 AM

Dreeddrums

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 39

here’s my baby, gms sunburst with zildjian cymbals i also have lp aspire congos and bongos

Signature 

I consider every drummer that’s Played before me an influence, in every way- buddie rich

Posted: August 25, 2010 10:51 AM

Dreeddrums

• Jr. Member RankRank

here’s my baby, a 6 pieace gms sunburst with 1 lugwig accent tom and zildjian cymbals, i also have lp aspire congos and bongos

Signature 

I consider every drummer that’s Played before me an influence, in every way- buddie rich

Posted: August 25, 2010 10:58 AM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Very cool. That’s a gorgeous fade. You seem to be doing some interesting things with your tom placement. Would you describe exactly what you’re doing, and why you chose to use such an unorthodox approach?

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: August 25, 2010 11:49 AM

Dreeddrums

• Jr. Member RankRank
Andy Doerschuk - 25 August 2010 10:58 AM

Very cool. That’s a gorgeous fade. You seem to be doing some interesting things with your tom placement. Would you describe exactly what you’re doing, and why you chose to use such an unorthodox approach?

thats an older picture but there essentially still the same iv got them that way because im a lefty that plays open armed so my 10x 8 tom sits flat right in front of my snare giving me easy access for which ever hand is playing the snare, i like to use it for accents iv also got my spashs cowbell and my tambourine (instead of being on top of my hihat) right there for the same reason. i feel like with that arch affect i can play faster fills( for those rush albums) being that the first one is so close then you work up and get a real fluid motion with your body on the way down. iv now moved my 16X14 floor tom to my left side ( got it from Nat Townsly)  it allows me to ride on my floor on either side or both if i feel like it, also when your doin a fill it looks too good. other then that, thats just what feels comfortable to me and i feel like that and easy access to everything for both hands are most important things with your set. O and thank you yea my congos are a black stain fade and my bongos are brown stain fade, i didnt do it on purpose i guess i just love that look.

Signature 

Posted: August 26, 2010 05:44 AM

guarilio989

• Total Posts: 171

My <2weeks old Gretch Catalina Maple. I bought it as a 6pc. but i haven’t gotten around to getting new heads so the 16” floor tom and the 10” tom sound like crap still. Just your standard cheap-o Sabian B8’s (they fit the budget at the time) and your standard cheap-o Sound Percussion hardware (again, they fit the budget at the time) including an SP double pedal. I got Gibralter racks a few days after I took this pic so hopefully new pics soon…thats if I remember. Still waiting on my Axis AL2’s to get here. I play without shoes sometime so I ordered the pedals but made a special request that they leave the foot board plain without the “Axis” logo on it. so they won’t be in for a while.

Signature 

Hit Hard, Play Fast, Have Fun

Posted: August 26, 2010 05:47 AM

guarilio989

o Rudy Fade btw. Its freakin gorgeous in person. it looks kinda organge-ish in the pic but its actually a bright to dark red laquer finish.

Signature 

Posted: September 01, 2010 09:11 PM

Warren Wright

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 31

Ok…Im drooling all over my tee shirt…now its your turn guys.  Check out my latest get!  A 6 piece Yamaha Oak Custom kit in Red Oak with a brand new Pearl 6.5 x 14 free floating Copper shell snare and a new Gibraltar Ultra-Adjust Hi Hat with a new pair of Zildjian K Custom 14 1/4” Hybrid cymbals sitting on it, along with my new Gibraltar X-Hat with a pair of Zildjian New Beats on it.  The ride is a 1964 Zildjian 18” ride and then there is a 14” K Dark Thin sitting on top of a 17” K Dark Thin on the right side and a 14” Zildjian thin crash on the left side.  I think you can see my small clip mounted fan as well…The drivers seat is a Gibraltar Hydraulic Moto seat with the cushy soft top on it.  The kick pedals are the new Pearl Demon Doubles.  Sticks are—get ready for it—Pro Mark 727 wood tip OAKs.
If you think Im a bit proud of it all…youre RIGHT~!

Signature 

I am a Drummer…its not only what I do…its also an integral part of who I am

Posted: September 02, 2010 02:38 AM

AJKenny

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 10

Hey Guys, I’m Alan. Just got my invite to the forums today. I’m seening some really pretty kits here.

Just though I’d show you my baby. It’s an Ayotte custom kit in Argyle blue.
Specs on request.

Signature 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlanKenny

Posted: September 02, 2010 06:54 AM

guarilio989

Wlecome to the site, Alan! thats a freakin gorgeous finish on those Ayotte’s. I’m jealous!

Signature 

Posted: September 03, 2010 12:51 AM

AJKenny

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 10

Thank you.

Signature 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlanKenny

Posted: September 05, 2010 02:38 PM

mailhot

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

For complete information on my kit…please visit my Vintage page at:

http://marcopolomusic.biz/vintage.html

Enjoy.

Marc

Signature 

The love you take…is equal to the love you make.

The End…The Beatles/Abbey Road (1969)

Posted: September 05, 2010 02:48 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Total Posts: 312

Hey Marc,

I just checked out your site and loved your reconditioned Ludwig kit!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: September 05, 2010 03:16 PM

guarilio989

Ludwig and Zildjian - Like biscuits and gravy. Gene Krupa played Ludwig and Zildjian exclusively too right?

Signature 

Posted: September 05, 2010 04:43 PM

mailhot

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

Gene Krupa played Slingerland..,.Buddy played Ludwig for a while…went to Slingerland…went back to Ludwig and then went somewhere else…had the pleasure of meeting them both…

Signature 

The love you take…is equal to the love you make.

The End…The Beatles/Abbey Road (1969)

Posted: September 05, 2010 06:25 PM

guarilio989

YOU GOT TO MEET THEM?!? I’m envious. I really am.
Thank you for setting me straight with who played what. I wasn’t entirely sure.

Signature 

1 of 3