CockTail Drums Are Coming Back !!

Posted: June 19, 2012 01:33 PM

djladydrummer

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

Although these unique drums aren’t for everyone, the cocktail kits are coming back.  I recently purchased a Trixon Cocktail Kit after doing months of research.  The site AllAboutCocktailDrums.com has lots of info about these unique drums.

I’m still fine tuning and it takes some adjusting to STAND and Play…but I found that some of my gigs where at venues in which the band had limited space.  I didn’t like leaving some of my toms at home to compromise on space. 

I spoke with a number of cocktail drum players and learned about the PRO’s and CON’s.  I also notice that many drummers wanted to try something unique as well as adding stage presence to their shows.  I finally brought my kit and so happy I did grin

Denise

Image Attachments
trixon 2 tone gray.jpg
 Signature 

Denise
Known as “DJLadydrummer”

AllAboutCocktailDrums.com

Posted: June 19, 2012 01:54 PM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 107

Hey Denise,

I bought a Yamaha Club Jordan kit years ago, and have admittedly only found a couple situations where I could use it. But it does tuck into a small space very nicely, and I like the fact that the Club Jordan comes with a tiny snare and tom, which allows you to play more traditional drum set beats and fills. Cocktail kits are cool!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: June 19, 2012 02:09 PM

djladydrummer

• Newbie Rank

THe Jordan Yamaha kits are beautiful and I did consider to buy, but the price range was a steep for me try something NEW.  Trixon also knocked off some of the costs as an Endorsement.  grin 

I haven’t used them alot yet, but plan to possibly incorporate them on stage with the bigger gigs as an added feature.  Their look is unique enough where I’m sure people would want to see how they are played.

I will find a way to utilize them MORE !!

I tried to attach another picture…but I did write an article about them on Wordpress.  There is also a vid of me playing them smile

Hope u enjoy
Thanks for your input

Signature 

Denise
Known as “DJLadydrummer”

Posted: June 19, 2012 02:18 PM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 107

Trixon! I had no idea that company was back in business. For anybody interested, here’s a link to their website:

http://www.trixondrumsusa.com/

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: June 19, 2012 02:38 PM

djladydrummer

• Newbie Rank

Yes they are.  Very cool guys also.    grin

Signature 

Denise
Known as “DJLadydrummer”

Posted: June 22, 2012 05:31 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 110

Wow… Vox Trixon Drum Co. I havn’t heard of them in years! I also thought that they were out of business for years now! Buddy Rich used their kits for a few overseas shows in the late 70’s, but was quite unimpressed w/ them. He even told Trixon’s owner Karlheinz Weimer “what he could do w/ them” (if you know what I mean)! I personally have no experience w/ them @ all. I’ve never played any of their products or personally met anyone who has. It’s nice to read some positive things about them!

Posted: June 22, 2012 06:36 PM

djladydrummer

• Newbie Rank

Yes…..thanks so much for your input.  I didn’t know that Buddy Rich played them…WOW !!  Amazing….

Here is a little video of me giving a review about them….  I’m still getting used to them….but they have a very good tone and I am enjoying them thus far grin

http://youtu.be/g0m6k1dDSTM     Hope u enjoy !

Denise

Signature 

Denise
Known as “DJLadydrummer”