DRUM! Magazine Rhythm Night

Posted: June 29, 2010 02:26 PM

Phil Hood

• Administrator RankRank
  • Total Posts: 32

Huge Night Of Drums. DRUM!‘s Rhythm Night is coming August 13. It’s a big night of clinics and performances by Dave Garibaldi (with the Tower of Power rhythm section), Thomas Pridgen (ex-the Mars Volta), and Marco Minnemann. The nonprofit event raises money for medical care for Richie Hayward, the longtime Little Feat drummer, with the Sweet Relief agency.

http://www.drummagazine.com/rhythmnight 

Andy Doerschuk in our office is spearheading this event. If you’ve got questions, post them here.

Posted: July 31, 2010 12:45 PM

towertos

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

I bought 4 tickets as I am a fan of Richie Hayward and would like to donate them to a worthy cause or drummer’s who live close to the event. Any thoughts?

Posted: July 31, 2010 01:18 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Wow. That’s incredible. Thank you for supporting this worthy cause. The first thing that occurred to me is for you to place the tickets in the “Free” category on Craig’s List (craigslist.org). I once gave away a dining room set on Craig’s List. The phone rang about one minute after I posted the item and the dining room set was out of my house within the hour.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: August 02, 2010 04:53 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Just an update for you insiders: Our Rhythm Night efforts are really starting to coalesce in strong ticket sales and interest. I just posted a news item about the incredible lineup of gear that will be raffled off during the show to help raise funds for Little Feat drummer Richie Hayward, who is battling liver disease without health insurance. You can check out the info by going here:

http://www.drummagazine.com/wiretap#rhythm-night-update-15000-in-prizes 
 Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com