Thanks!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: December 07, 2012 01:52 PM

Tommy D

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

Iron Cobra, possibly still. I bought the Pearl Demon Drive and have not gotten it adjusted to where its comfortable yet.  I think its an awesome pedal but I would suggest checking the Demon Drive as well as the Demon Chain as well.  The drive has its sweet spots. If you buy one, play on the set you’ll be playing out with in a room where you can hit as you would on stage, adjust using the manual(s) to where you get your feel.
  Factory setting didn’t have enough meat in the stroke.
Wasn’t life easier with the Ludwig Speed King?  2 springs for tension and move the beater up and down, done.  Felt Great.

Tom

Posted: December 07, 2012 09:03 PM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 107

There’s definitely something to be said about simplicity.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: December 13, 2012 08:39 PM

drumbri24

• Moderator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 110

Hi all. My personal fave is the DW 9002 double. I’ve played many a make & model of pedals over the years, but the 9002 works the best for me. My 2nd fave, or runner up is the Pearl Powershifter Eliminator in the dual-chain drive, w/ the RED cam. I know that they’ve become a little more obscure since the Demon Drive came out, but I’ve always loved the feel & playability of the original Powershifter Eliminator. The choice of different cams was a great move on Pearl’s part, along w/ the 4-way beater (felt spot, felt line, plastic spot, & plastic line). I absolutley love the felt line side. As a matter of fact, my DW 9002 double pedal is fitted w/ the Pearl 4-way beaters! Brian Jezuit. Happy Holidays!

3 of 3