NEED HELP

Posted: August 14, 2012 02:13 PM

Holliday

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 1

I am not a drummer, but I made a trade with someone. I would like to see if anyone would help me out in telling me the value of this.  I’m not sure. It is a 1980 Hard Rock Pearl Maple Shell Drum kit (Black) with all Zildian Cymbals with a 1970s snare that was picked up from Gene Chrisman (one of Elvis’s drummers). The only thing missing is the throne.  If anyone could help me out. I would apprecitate it. I also would like to find a home for someone who would appreciate this.  Thanks for your help. Over All I would say this is in good condition.

Posted: August 16, 2012 09:07 AM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 108

I just wrote to a vintage drum expert about your question, and either he or I will post an answer asap!

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: August 16, 2012 11:14 AM

Andy Doerschuk

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 108

Here’s what Rob cook of Rebeats had to say about it:

“Boy, it’s pretty hard to comment on that limited info. I’m not even sure of the series…  I’m no Pearl expert and havn’t really monitored what they’ve put out the last few years, but have never heard of a ‘hard rock’ series. It would take some photos to even hazard a guess. Other unknown factors that are going to have a bearing on the value;  number of drums, sizes, color.

“I don’t think there is going to be celebrity attachment value unless perhaps there is some documentation; photos of the previous owner on stage behind Elvis, etc.

“With cymbals, for many years I’ve followed a used value guideline that puts the ‘high used’ value at 50% of retail and the ‘low used’ value at 25% of retail.  It should only take a few minutes to determine the retail prices online.

“Hope this helps!”

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com