1 of 2

What do you want?

Posted: August 26, 2010 11:13 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Seriously. What would you like us to do? In the magazine. In your hometown. On this website. Think about it. I’d love to see your ideas.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: August 29, 2010 09:53 AM

guarilio989

• Total Posts: 171

three million dollars and a Bugatti Veyron would be nice…lol seriously tho, more video lessons from artists would be awesome.

Signature 

Hit Hard, Play Fast, Have Fun

Posted: August 29, 2010 07:21 PM

Dreeddrums

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 39

i wanted to start by saying i love the magazine i read it from front to back every month, my favorite sections are plugged in i loved Eric Kretz’s dream studio this month, made my mouth water (plus i love his GMS set). i also really like wiretape and all the equipment reviews but im not to sure about that editorial director( haha just kidding Andy).what i would like to see from the magazine is more about recording and how to be heard, where i can be heard, record lables, good websites, clubs, parks, anywhere(in major citys).
what id like to see from the website is the same thing where can i be heard.  id like to post some videos maybe a little place where people looking for a drummer could do some shopping. also upcoming drum events would be sweet.
and in my hometown, like i said i read the magazine front to back i also read all the advertisement’s in there and i know that both ILL., the Drum pad and OH., Columbus percussion have space and are one of few major drum stores id like to see some sort of place set up to go so drummers can go an record them selves. either just mikes or maybe a five piece set miked up with a camera in the room.
we all know how expensive drums are and to then pay for recording equipment and a place to do it, not to mention buying a camera to record yourself can just get to be ridiculous. right now were in a time where music’s hurting so to get recorded and be heard would give people a chance to do some recording over larger distances which could help out the bizz.
other then that you guys are all doin a great job keep it up and thanks.

Signature 

I consider every drummer that’s Played before me an influence, in every way- buddie rich

Posted: August 31, 2010 01:18 PM

David Pak

• Administrator RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 165
Dreeddrums - 29 August 2010 07:21 PM

what id like to see from the website is the same thing where can i be heard.  id like to post some videos maybe a little place where people looking for a drummer could do some shopping. also upcoming drum events would be sweet.
and in my hometown, like i said i read the magazine front to back i also read all the advertisement’s in there and i know that both ILL., the Drum pad and OH., Columbus percussion have space and are one of few major drum stores id like to see some sort of place set up to go so drummers can go an record them selves. either just mikes or maybe a five piece set miked up with a camera in the room.
we all know how expensive drums are and to then pay for recording equipment and a place to do it, not to mention buying a camera to record yourself can just get to be ridiculous. right now were in a time where music’s hurting so to get recorded and be heard would give people a chance to do some recording over larger distances which could help out the bizz.
other then that you guys are all doin a great job keep it up and thanks.

Thank you for the feedback/suggestions. Keep it coming!

Videos - What type of videos were you thinking? Your lessons? Unboxing new stuff? You playing? Gigs footage?
Calendar - Stay tuned.

Posted: September 01, 2010 09:49 AM

Dreeddrums

• Jr. Member RankRank
David Pak - 31 August 2010 01:18 PM

Thank you for the feedback/suggestions. Keep it coming!

Videos - What type of videos were you thinking? Your lessons? Unboxing new stuff? You playing? Gigs footage?
Calendar - Stay tuned.

personally i was thinking of just me/ people playing, gigs would be cool but i was gunna leave the video lessons to you guys. unveiling new drums would be pretty cool i love seeing those beautiful snares and base’s brand new. maybe some personal footage of some big drum venues i know there’s one coming up in Cleveland OH. pretty soon or your favorite drummer blasting away.

Signature 

I consider every drummer that’s Played before me an influence, in every way- buddie rich

Posted: September 01, 2010 12:51 PM

Rev.D.

• Total Posts: 190

Here on the site, but especially in the magazine, I would love to see a lot more articles and reviews on drums and drum gear, and not just the expensive stuff, but the affordable kits and gear that tend to be in a price range that is affordable for most drummers.

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: September 01, 2010 04:07 PM

cylinders of sound

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 2
Rev.D. - 01 September 2010 12:51 PM

Here on the site, but especially in the magazine, I would love to see a lot more articles on drums and drum gear, and not just the expensive stuff, but the affordable kits and gear that tend to be in a price range that is affordable for most drummers.

Agreed.  Most magazines regardless of subject love to advertise the top of the line gear.  I am assuming the advertisers don’t want to waste ad space on mediocre gear, even though that’s what most of us can afford.  They want to sell the top line stuff so they advert the top line stuff and of course always put the list price as if anyone sells for that price.

Signature 

Gretsch Renown
Zildjian A

Posted: September 01, 2010 10:33 PM

Warren Wright

• Jr. Member RankRank
  • Total Posts: 31

A way to link up our postings to our YouTube and Facebook and MySpace Video’s and or Audio recordings so we can show off our expertise to the rest of the group.

Likewise, a lot more info on the gear thats priced for “Normal” people with bills, wives, babies and 2 cars and 2 jobs just to survive.

Drum Lesson Video’s and oh,  how about some lessons showing some quick in and out fills that find their way into live playing that arent covered by most drum lesson video’s.  Maybe some alternate rhythm patterns that can be thrown in to “color” up a routine type pattern.  Lessons on playing Dynamics with a live band, in all the different genre’s.  Here in Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas and lots of other states,  jazz fusion, hard rock and heavy metal arent genre’s that are found in most of the clubs that still hire live bands, but Top 40 Country and Traditional Country, Big Band and Western Swing are…so why not have some practical lessons covering these styles of drumming because working bands require a lot more than just a passing knowledge of 2/4 and 4/4 patterns.

Country music is played on more radio stations than any other genre of music, yet the majority of drum lessons cover everything BUT these styles of music. Too easy?  Too Simple?  Not by a long shot~! 

There is a lot of money being made by bands who play Country Music in all its different styles yet finding competent young drummers is hard to find due to a lack of practical instruction on how to cover these styles of music.

JMO~~!

Signature 

I am a Drummer…its not only what I do…its also an integral part of who I am

Posted: September 02, 2010 06:29 AM

guarilio989

Lessons mostly, maybe some more vids of the great ones playing like some neil pert, gavin harrison stuff like that. I really like the videos by art cruz. some more with tips and tricks by the pros stuff like that.

Signature 

Posted: September 02, 2010 08:53 AM

Rev.D.

Warren Wright - 01 September 2010 10:33 PM

Likewise, a lot more info on the gear thats priced for “Normal” people with bills, wives, babies and 2 cars and 2 jobs just to survive.

Love it!! Well said!

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: September 02, 2010 10:49 AM

Dreeddrums

• Jr. Member RankRank
guarilio989 - 02 September 2010 06:29 AM

Lessons mostly, maybe some more vids of the great ones playing like some neil pert, gavin harrison stuff like that. I really like the videos by art cruz. some more with tips and tricks by the pros stuff like that.

yea that Pert video that he did for Buddie Rich would be awesome some Steve Gadd videos maybe

Signature 

Posted: September 03, 2010 01:18 AM

AJKenny

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 10
Dreeddrums - 02 September 2010 10:49 AM
guarilio989 - 02 September 2010 06:29 AM

yea that Pert video that he did for Buddie Rich would be awesome some Steve Gadd videos maybe

Most of those videos can be found easily on you tube. I think seeing members videos of their set ups and playing situations would be highly entertaining.

Signature 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlanKenny

Posted: September 03, 2010 11:37 AM

Rev.D.

AJKenny - 03 September 2010 01:18 AM

I think seeing members videos of their set ups and playing situations would be highly entertaining.

Cool idea. Here’s my band at playing at a Jeremy Camp show.
My band

Signature 

Posted: September 04, 2010 06:40 AM

drumboy

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 5

cheese  vampire  So, how about a vintage page? feature old drums and such every issue. Also less hand drum and electronic drums.

Posted: September 04, 2010 08:42 AM

Dreeddrums

• Jr. Member RankRank
drumboy - 04 September 2010 06:40 AM

cheese  vampire  So, how about a vintage page? feature old drums and such every issue.

i like that also i liked seeing how the Vic Firth drums sticks were made in the other issue. maybe you could switch around between differnt drum brands and see how each make their drum differently i know Brady drums makes there out of some crazy wood i think from Austraila, and im guessing there not makeing the same way Ludwig is today.  it be cool to see the progression of drum compains like Ludwig too. as the Beatles grew how did the progress there drums and drums in general. what were some earlyer drum companies that look promising but didnt cut it. o how are acrylic drums made are the vacuumed? has it changed.

for the videos i know i can find them on you tube but id like to see a collection that people here think are good not just what i do. and the convienice thing wouldnt be bad either, being that im already on this page. maybe mutiple forums though for drum lessons, pro drum videos, just you/ the drummer, and you and your band.

Signature 

Posted: September 05, 2010 02:22 PM

guarilio989

Rev.D. - 03 September 2010 11:37 AM
AJKenny - 03 September 2010 01:18 AM

I think seeing members videos of their set ups and playing situations would be highly entertaining.

Cool idea. Here’s my band at playing at a Jeremy Camp show.
My band

Good Song. Great job!

Signature 

1 of 2