Joey Jordison: World’s Greatest Drummer?

Posted: September 04, 2010 12:11 PM

Andy Doerschuk_1

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 312

Readers of the UK drumming magazine Rhythm recently voted to pick the 20 greatest drummers of the past 25 years to coincide with the publication’s 25th anniversary. More than 100,000 votes later, Joey Jordison of Slipknot came out on top, beating out such other notable players as Terry Bozzio, Stewart Copeland, Steve Gadd, and Vinnie Colaiuta, who charted further down the list. I’m sure you guys will have some opinions about this one.

Signature 

Andy Doerschuk
Editorial director, drummagazine.com

Posted: September 05, 2010 11:31 AM

Drumfiend

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 20

Hey Andy,
I feel that in any given poll or consensus, if you take the vote in a preplanned demographic you can produce a outcome that will reflect that particular demographic. Example: Take a consensus of a favorite stile of music at a Redondo Beach skate park, and another in a barrio in East L.A. and you will most likely have very little of similar tastes.
But as far as weather “I” believe Joey is the “Man”, sure why not… I think Joey brings showmanship to the gig. He has mad skills in my opinion and plays some tasty stuff for the band he’s playing with. With that said, I could easily vote in many other drummers?!
People are always going to be suaded in their choices by the different variables in their lives at any given moment. Right? I mean after Rhythm Night I had a hankerin for some Tower of Power, but that doesn’t mean I’m not listening to System of a Down or Mastodon or Miles Davis anymore.
Andy thank you for your enthusiasm of the drums and music..

Posted: September 08, 2010 11:20 AM

Rev.D.

• Sr. Member RankRankRankRank
  • Total Posts: 190
Drumfiend - 05 September 2010 11:31 AM

I think Joey brings showmanship to the gig. He has mad skills in my opinion and plays some tasty stuff for the band he’s playing with. With that said, I could easily vote in many other drummers?!

Signature 

A good drummer will sound good on anything. A Bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

Posted: September 08, 2010 03:01 PM

theparadiddler

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 26

Hi all.

The ‘world’s greatest drummer’?  Well, in my eyes that doesn’t exist.  There are just so many variables that it’s really impossible to determine.  Favorite drummer?  Now that’s another animal!

I wrote about this very topic a while back, which I invite you to check out and give your opinion:

The Best Drummer In the World Is…

Best?  Hard to say.  Favorite?  That could be anyone!  In any case, whatever inspires us is what counts.  Happy reading!

Signature 

Omar Alvarado, The Paradiddler
The Paradiddler on Twitter
The Paradiddler on YouTube
The Paradiddler on Facebook