Grandpas….

Posted: October 16, 2012 07:16 PM

JDragon

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 23

So I just started recording with some new guys- GREAT people and have incredible talent…. we are in the 50 year age range and do blues/rocks tunes. Problem is- the LEAD- (the BEST guitarist I’ve ever worked with) is a grandpa and wants to be with the grandkids every weekend and forego the LIVE situation. I’m still rocking’ like Neil and ready to go. If Charlie Watts can do it come on!!!!!!! So- ANYBODY else struggling with TRYING to play LIVE but band members think they are too OLD or have too many relatives and desire not to perform? I UNDERSTAND blood is thick- but let’s keep the music ALIVE… I know spending time with the grandkids is SUPER, but how much time do WE have left? Anybody out there to comment??????

Posted: August 24, 2013 10:17 PM

JDragon

• Newbie Rank
  • Total Posts: 23

So nobody cared to answer… and now I just played a gig with said ‘grandpas’...they had a guy doing lights who was into the younger crowd… I tried all I could but the flashing stroboscopic effect of the constantly moving lights (no plan for the music just run by computer)...made my eyes BUG OUT…. what a way to cause a flashback…. Anyway… how do you say…it is fun BUT…. it has to change…quickly spinning lights don’t suit “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door…...... oh well…..