Alesis Surge Cymbals
Alesis Surge CymbalsOne of the year's hippest introductions is the Alesis DM5 Pro Kit with Surge electronic cymbals. It offers the DM5 Pro-Kit (to be reviewed in DRUM's August issue) with the impressive new Surge cymbal design.
One of the challenges of electronic drums onstage is that they lack the same presence as an acoustic kit with a full complement of cymbals. But the Surge electronic cymbals are made of bronze and have the look and feel of real cymbals, combined with the sound options of electronic cymbals. The Surge electronic cymbals include a 12" Surge HiHat, 13" Surge Crash and 16" Dual-zone Surge Ride Cymbal.
Special features include Alesis’ proprietary Dynamic Articulation™ which powers the DM5 Pro Kit’s drum sounds to respond instantly to the force with which a pad is struck, for the most realistic and accurate playback possible, according to the company.
The standard DM5 Pro Kit with Surge electronic cymbals features include:
- Complete 5-piece electronic drum set – Snare drum pad, Bass Drum pad/stand, 3 Tom pads, 12" Surge HiHat, 13" Surge Crash and 16" Dual-zone Surge Ride Cymbal
- Surge electronic cymbals – accurate expression with real cymbal look and feel
- Alesis Professional DM5 module containing: 540 sounds and,
- 21 programmable drum sets recorded in 48kHz, true stereo, with ambient effects
- Single rack space module
- Dynamic Articulation™ feature allows drum sounds to change volume, tone, and pitch depending on how hard they are struck
- Ultra–fast trigger–to–MIDI converter with 12 trigger inputs, 5 programmable parameters for each
The Alesis DM5 Pro Kit is available now at music retailers with a suggested retail price of $999. Go to http://www.alesis.com for more information.