Apogee Mic 96k Upgrades iOS Recording
- By Radim McCue
- Published January 7, 2014
Santa Monica, California - Apogee Electronics is introducing the new MiC 96k, a professional digital microphone for iPad, iPhone and Mac. With a design inspired by classic condensers, MiC 96k can be used to record vocals, voice overs, acoustic guitar, piano, or drums.
The new MiC 96k, upgrades the original Mic, introduced in 2011, with the ability to make higher fidelity recordings – up to 24-bit/96kHz – and includes an iOS Lighting cable as well as a microphone stand
adapter in the box. Like its predecessor, MiC 96k also includes an iOS 30-pin cable, Mac USB cable, and table-top tripod stand. It retails for $229. For more information, please visit http://www.apogeedigital.com.
MiC 96k Features and highlights
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- Designed for voice and acoustic instrument recording
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Up to 96kHz,
24-bit analog-to-digital recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
- Includes iOS Lightning cable, iOS 30-pin cable, Mac USB cable
- Simple setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Apogee engineered microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- All metal construction
- Microphone stand adapter included
- No batteries or external power required
- Compatible with GarageBand, Logic Pro and Pro Tools
- Made in the U.S.A.