What’s Hot And New At NAMM?
What's Hot And New At NAMM?
By Phil Hood Published January 12, 2010
Despite the down economy, spirits are looking up as we move into the music products industry biggest week, the annual NAMM show in Anaheim, California. The DRUM! crew will be on hand to shoot and record the proceedings and to bring news on hundreds of new pieces of gear. Here's a sample of what we're looking for at the show:
- A Revolution?Pearl's new pro electronic kit is sure to be the most talked-about product at the show. We'll bring you all the details.
- Meaty, Beaty, Big, and Bouncy:Zildjian has new offerings including a 22" Bounce Ride plus other new K Series rides and EFX models; Oriental and Trashformers; and two larger ZHT models.
- Straight From Turkey: There's plenty of news from the birthplace of cymbals, with companies such as Anatolian, Istanbul, Istanbul Agop, Bosphorus, Diril, TRX, and Ibrahim Diril on hand. We'll bring you all the latest in bronze pie news, including updates from Dream and Soultone as well as the all-new cymbals from Kazsa.
- Bright Is In:Sabian is introducing brilliant versions of its Paragon line, plus XS20 in brilliant finish and some new Vault Artisan models,
- Shine On, Brother:Hiptrix is unveiling the world's brightest glow-in-the-dark drumsticks.
- Worldly Desires: Remo is expanding their line of global frame drums including dafs and tars.
- More Power: Evans Power Center tone heads are sure to be hit, along with their wild, custom bass heads.
- Casting Pies: Stagg is rolling out new B20 Bronze models at attractive prices.
- Let's Record: Audix and Heil are just two of the companies rolling out new drum miking systems.
- Other news is embargoed and we can't reveal it until Thursday but we promise you that Vic Firth has some interesting new online services; Paiste and much more.