Bands Win With Rock The Roxy Contest
D'Addario, Evans And Other Sponsors Launch Youtube Video Contest
FARMINGDALE, NY, December 11, 2009 – You can enter your band's video for a chance to perform at the world-famous AustinRox music showcase in March 2010 and win a prize package worth more than $20,000 thanks to D’Addario, Planet Waves, Evans and other sponsors. Groups can simply post their music video to You Tube and watch the view-counter roll! Videos must be less than three minutes long and submitted as a video response. As long as the video shows the band rockin’ out at some point (electronic-based instruments are also allowed), videos can definitely get creative and feature fancy film work.
The top 50 bands with the most video views by February 9, 2010 will not only win a jam-packed prize package from D’Addario and other sponsors, but they’ll also move on to the semi-finals.
In the semi-final round, bands will be judged for the chance to perform at a world-famous Austin Rox showcase in March 2010. Judges will include representatives from D’Addario, Evans, Planet Waves, The Roxy, Swing House Studios, partner companies, and even select celebrity musicians.
The winning band will receive the following incredible prize package worth more than $20,000:
- Performance at The Roxy/Swing House Studios at an Austin showcase
- All backline provided by the showcase
- Gear from Zildjian, Tama, Ibanez, Marshall, Vox, Guitar World, and Korg
- 1 year endorsement with D’Addario, Evans, and Planet Waves valued at $5,000
- Airfare for up to five band members
- Two rooms for two nights in an Austin, Texas hotel
- Transportation to & from the airport & hotel in Austin, Texas
- $500 in cash
For more information on Rock the Roxy video competition, please visit http://www.rocktheroxy.com.For more information on D’Addario Planet Waves & Evans, please visit http://www.daddario.com, http://www.planetwaves.com, and http://www.evansdrumheads.com. Other sponsors include Zildjian, Tama, Ibanez, Vox Amps, Korg.