Marco Soccoli Joins the Mapex and Sonor Artist Relations Team
Marco Soccoli has joined the artist relations team at Mapex and Sonor. He previously worked with Vic Firth, Evans, and Promark, and is well known to drummers in the music business. After graduating from St. John’s University with a degree in marketing and a minor in music, Marco got his start in the industry working retail on the famed 48th Street in Manhattan, first at Terminal Music, then as Manager of the Sam Ash Drum Department, then as Manager of the drum department at Manny’s. While at Sam Ash and Manny’s, Marco became a trusted ally and reliable supplier of gear and backline services for artists living in or touring through the New York City area.
It was during this time that Marco had the opportunity to meet Joe Hibbs, the previous Mapex artist relations director, who was already established as one of the most respected representatives in the industry. Marco learned the ropes from Joe by first understanding the importance of deep and honest relationships between the artists and company.
It was Marco’s relationships with and support of artists while at Sam Ash and Manny’s that ultimately led him to become the Director of Artist Relations for Vic Firth for the next 13 years, where he signed an untold number of legendary drummers and helped to create their signature sticks. In 2010, Marco joined D’Addario & Company to build the artist rosters for Evans Drumheads and Pro-Mark Drumsticks, brands he continues to represent as part of his newly-formed Artist Relations consulting company, MarcoAR LLC.
“The loss of Joe Hibbs is a hole that can’t be filled, but if there is one person that understands the importance of genuine and heartfelt relationships with artists as well as Joe did…it’s Marco,” states Mike Robinson, VP of Marketing for KHS America. “Fittingly, by representing Mapex and Sonor, Marco is now inheriting the role that his mentor left when Joe passed away earlier this year. We’re thrilled to have Marco on the team and look forward to the positive impact he’ll have.”
Drum Corps International 2016 Summer Tour
Drum Corps International announces its schedule for the 2016 Summer Tour. The highly anticipated series of competitive events will visit cities and towns throughout the country while featuring more ensembles and individual performers than ever.
2016’s extensive schedule includes 113 shows in 39 states where 39 drum corps will vie for this year’s World Championship titles in Open and World Class divisions. The tour will make a return to Florida in July for the first time since 2012, and the season will include several important milestones and anniversaries along the way. The full schedule is available by date and location below and at http://www.dci.org/schedule.
DCI Executive Director Dan Acheson said, “The outstanding student musicians and performers in all of our drum corps will undoubtedly raise the bar ever higher this year with their unmatched creativity and distinctive styles. We’re looking forward to showcasing their talents all summer at competitive events all over the country.”
Entering its 44th year, the 54-day nationwide tour will open on Thursday, June 23 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, during a star-studded event that will be broadcast live to hundreds of movie theaters across the country. Featured groups will include several of the top finishers in 2015.
The season will feature events hosted in spectacular top-tier venues such as the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, California, Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado, the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, and the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia. There will also be three regional championships in San Antonio, Atlanta, and Allentown, Pennsylvania.2016 Drum Corps International Summer Tour Schedule
- June 23rd Indianapolis, IN 8:30 p.m. (ET) DCI Tour Premiere presented by French Lick Resort
- June 24th Fresno, CA 6:30 p.m. (PT) MidCal Champions Showcase
- June 25th Massillon, OH 7:30 p.m. (ET) Innovations in Brass - Massillon
- June 25th Whitewater, WI 7:00 p.m. (CT) The Whitewater Classic
- June 25th Sacramento, CA 6:00 p.m. (PT) Moonlight Classic
- June 26th Michigan City, IN 7:00 p.m. (CT) Pageant of Drums
- June 26th Stanford, CA 5:30 p.m. (PT) DCI West
- June 27th Hamilton, OH 7:00 p.m. (ET) Summer Music Games in Cincinnati
- Jun 28th Dublin, OH 7:00 p.m. (ET) Emerald City Music Games
- June 28th Pittsburgh, PA 7:30 p.m. (ET) Innovations in Brass - Pittsburgh
- June 29th Evansville, IN 7:00 p.m. (CT) Drums on the Ohio
- June 29th Oxnard, CA 8:00 p.m. (PT) DCI on the SoCal Coast
- June 30th Allentown, PA 7:30 p.m. (ET) Drum Corps: An American Tradition
- July 1st Muncie, IN 7:00 p.m. (ET) DCI Central Indiana presented by Woodwind and Brasswind
- July 1st Clifton, NJ 7:30 p.m. (ET) Drum Corps: An American Tradition
- July 1st Oceanside, CA 6:00 p.m. (PT) Corps at the Crest San Diego
- July 1st Auburn, WA 7:00 p.m. (PT) Seattle Summer Music Games
- July 2nd Chestnut Hill, MA 5:30 p.m. (ET) East Coast Classic
- July 2nd Lisle, IL 7:00 p.m. (CT) Cavalcade of Brass
- July 2nd Pasadena, CA 5:45 p.m. (PT) Corps at the Crest Los Angeles presented by Pacific Crest Youth Arts Organization
- July 2nd Tigard, OR 7:00 p.m. (PT) Drums of Fire
- July 3rd Lynn, MA 7:00 p.m. (ET) The Beanpot Invitational
- July 3rd Cedarburg, WI 7:00 p.m. (CT) Rotary Music Festival
- July 3rd Riverside, CA 6:00 p.m. (PT) Western Corps Connection
- July 5th Cranston, RI 7:00 p.m. (ET) Summer Music Preview
- July 5th La Crosse, WI 7:00 p.m. (CT) River City Rhapsody - La Crosse
- July 5th Mesa, AZ 7:30 p.m. (MT) Drums Across the Desert
- July 5th Tri Cities, WA 7:00 p.m. (PT) Drums Along the Columbia
- July 6th Mankato, MN 7:00 p.m. (CT) The Thunder of Drums
- July 6th Boise, ID 7:30 p.m. (MT) Drums Along the Rockies - Boise Edition
- July 7th Chickasha, OK 7:00 p.m. (CT) Live in Chickasha
- July 7th Ogden, UT 7:00 p.m. (MT) Corps Encore
- July 8th Lexington, SC 6:30 p.m. (ET) CrownBEAT
- July 8th Mountain House, CA 6:00 p.m. (PT) Loudest Show on Earth
- July 8th Casper, WY 7:30 p.m. (MT) Drums Along the Rockies - Casper Edition
- July 9th Lakeland, FL 7:30 p.m. (ET) DCI Central Florida
- July 9th Rockford, IL 7:00 p.m. (CT) Show of Shows
- July 9th Denver, CO 6:30 p.m. (MT) Drums Along the Rockies
- July 9th Sacramento, CA 6:00 p.m. (PT) DCI Capital Classic Corps Show
- July 10th Madison, WI 6:00 p.m. (CT) Drums on Parade
- July 11th Jupiter, FL 7:30 p.m. (ET) DCI Jupiter
- July 11th Omaha, NE 7:00 p.m. (CT) Drums Across Nebraska
- July 11th Lebanon, IL 7:30 p.m. (CT) DCI St. Louis
- July 12th Daytona Beach, FL 7:30 p.m. (ET) DCI Daytona Beach
- July 12th Overland Park, KS 7:30 p.m. (CT) Brass Impact
- July 13th Sioux City, IA 6:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Morningside
- July 13th Metamora, IL 7:00 p.m. (CT) Show of Shows - Metamora
- July 14th Dubuque, IA 7:00 p.m. (CT) Music On the March
- July 14th Wausau, WI 7:00 p.m. (CT) River City Rhapsody - Wausau
- July 15th Huntsville, AL 7:00 p.m. (CT) DCI North Alabama presented by U.S. Army Bands
- July 15th Rochester, MN 7:00 p.m. (CT) River City Rhapsody - Rochester
- July 15th Bakersfield, CA 7:00 p.m. (PT) Resound
- July 16th Minneapolis, MN 4:30 p.m. (CT) DCI Minnesota presented by the US Marine Drum and Bugle Corps
- July 16th Dallas, GA 6:30 p.m. (ET) Atlanta Brass Classic
- July 16th Alexandria, KY 7:00 p.m. (ET) DCI Kentucky presented by DeMoulin Bros. and Co.
- July 16th Escondido, CA 6:30 p.m. (PT) Gold Showcase at the Ranch
- July 17th Bellflower, CA 4:00 p.m. (PT) So Cal Classic Open Class Championship
- July 17th Waukee, IA 7:00 p.m. (CT) Celebration in Brass
- July 17th DeKalb, IL 7:00 p.m. (CT) Tour of Champions - North Illinois
- July 18th El Dorado, KS 7:00 p.m. (CT) Drums Across Kansas presented by the City of El Dorado and Conventions & Visitors Bureau
- July 18th Warrensburg, MO 7:30 p.m. (CT) Tour of Champions - Central Missouri
- July 19th Bentonville, AR 7:00 p.m. (CT) Music on the Move
- July 20th Broken Arrow, OK 7:30 p.m. (CT) Drums of Summer
- July 21st Belton, TX 6:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Central Texas presented by Band Shoppe
- July 21st Denton, TX 7:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Denton presented by The Cavaliers for Red River Thunder
- July 22nd Houston, TX 7:30 p.m. (CT) Tour of Champions - Texas, presented by THE exSIGHTment OF SOUND
- July 23rd San Antonio, TX 1:30 p.m. (CT) DCI Southwestern Championship presented by Fred J. Miller, Inc.
- July 23rd Manchester, NH 5:30 p.m. (ET) Fiesta De Musica
- July 25th Dallas, TX 7:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Dallas presented by North Texas Festival of Drums and Bugles
- July 25th Lafayette, LA 7:00 p.m. (CT) Drums Across Cajun Field
- July 26th Biloxi, MS 7:00 p.m. (CT) Mississippi Sound Spectacular
- July 26th Mustang, OK 7:30 p.m. (CT) DCI in the Heartland
- July 27th Little Rock, AR 7:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Arkansas presented by Jupiter, Mapex and Majestic
- July 27th Hattiesburg, MS 7:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Southern Mississippi
- July 27th Oskaloosa, IA 7:00 p.m. (CT) Drum Corps Mid-America
- July 28th Birmingham, AL 7:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Birmingham
- July 29th Opelika, AL 7:00 p.m. (CT) Alabama Sounds of Summer
- July 29th Sheffield, PA 8:00 p.m. (ET) Music on the Mountain
- July 29th Cedar Rapids, IA 7:00 p.m. (CT) Tournament Of Drums
- July 29th Nashville, TN 7:30 p.m. (CT) The Masters of the Summer Music Games presented by Jupiter, Mapex, and Majestic
- July 30th Atlanta, GA 2:00 p.m. (ET) The DCI Atlanta Southeastern Championship presented by Lone Star Percussion
- July 30th Troy, MI 7:00 p.m. (ET) Legends Drum Corps Invitational
- July 30th Minneapolis Area, MN 7:00 p.m. (CT)
- July 31st Winston-Salem, NC 6:30 p.m. (ET) NightBEAT Tour of Champions
- July 31st Three Rivers, MI 7:00 p.m. (ET) Legends Drum Corps Open
- July 31st Waukesha, WI 7:00 p.m. (CT) Show of Shows Waukesha
- August 1st Salem, VA 7:00 p.m. (ET) WDBJ-7 Summer Music Games of Southwest Virginia
- August 1st Charleston, WV 7:30 p.m. (ET) Drums Across the Tri-State
- August 2nd Ft. Wayne, IN 7:00 p.m. (ET) DCI Ft. Wayne
- August 2nd Centerville, OH 7:00 p.m. (ET) Soaring Sounds 37
- August 2nd Annapolis, MD 7:30 p.m. (ET) Drum Corps: An American Tradition
- August 2nd Macomb, IL 7:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Western Illinois
- August 3rd Pittsburgh, PA 7:00 p.m. (ET) DCI Pittsburgh presented by Three Rivers SUMMER MUSIC GAMES
- August 3rd Dixon, IL 7:00 p.m. (CT) Petunia City Brass
- August 4th Quincy, MA 7:30 p.m. (ET) CYO Nationals Tribute
- August 4th Chester, PA 7:30 p.m. (ET) Tour of Champions, PPL Park
- August 5th Allentown, PA 6:30 p.m. (ET) DCI Eastern Classic
- August 5th Johnsonburg, PA 7:00 p.m. (ET) A Blast in the Burg
- August 5th Forest City, IA 7:00 p.m. (CT) North Iowa Festival of Brass
- August 6th Allentown, PA 6:30 p.m. (ET) DCI Eastern Classic
- August 6th Avon Lake, OH 7:00 p.m. (ET) Shoremen Brass Classic
- August 6th Oregon, WI 7:00 p.m. (CT) Shadow Showcase
- August 7th Rome, NY 7:00 p.m. (ET) Drums Along the Mohawk
- August 7th Buffalo, NY 7:00 p.m. (ET) Tour of Champions - Buffalo
- August 8th Michigan City, IN 4:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Open Class World Championships Prelims
- August 8th Erie, PA 6:30 p.m. (ET) Lake Erie Fanfare
- August 8th Massillon, OH 7:30 p.m. (ET) DCI Tour of Champions presented by the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival
- August 9th Michigan City, IN 6:00 p.m. (CT) DCI Open Class World Championships Finals
- August 10th Indianapolis, IN TBA DCI Performers Showcase presented by System Blue
- August 11th Indianapolis, IN 9:00 a.m. (ET) DCI World Championship Prelims presented by Earasers Musicians Earplugs
- August 12th Indianapolis, IN 2:00 p.m. (ET) DCI World Championship Semifinals
- August 13th Indianapolis, IN TBA SoundSport International Music and Food Festival
- August 13th Indianapolis, IN 5:25 p.m. (ET) DCI World Championships Finals
Ray Luzier Comes To Late Night With Seth Myers
Late night television just got a lot more awesome with Ray Luzier laying down some nasty chops for a special appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers. Pop over to NBC June 20th to the 23rd and watch Ray Luzier shred some tasty chops.. maybe he'll play a few Korn songs!
Hal Leonard Unveils New Backwing Site
Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group is proud to announce the launch of Backwing, a new digital community for creative artists who want to expand their network with other minds alike and share ideas via Hal Leondard's new online platform. Backwing will provide users with information for aspiring and established actors, artists, authors, gurus, musicians, songwriters, producers, luminaries, and entertainers. Each article on the site offers an open forum for those who want to share ideas and respond to feedback about certain topics in real time.
Backwing consists of three main components. The first two will feature multimedia created by and for Hal Leonard authors and the publisher's industry associates.
The third component, a direct-to-consumer sales portal featuring daily deals, giveaways, contests, and a slew of weekly/monthly special offers can be found at soon-to-be-launched backwingstore.com (an entirely separate domain). Backwingstore.com is always available to those who wish to explore Hal Leonard's catalog of more than 2,000 titles, take advantage of promotions featuring new releases and backlist titles, and enter contests to win fantastic prizes.
Why two distinct websites? For the sake of every visitor's experience, according to Cerullo: "Since backwing was designed with the end user foremost in mind, we've decided against tangling content and commerce. As such, multimedia content and resources are hosted at the deliberately noncommercial domain backwing.com while consumer products and services are restricted to the backwing store."
Want Free Stuff?
Hal Leonard is giving away great prizes for devotees of the performing arts, including an Epiphone guitar for music fans; a Rodgers + Hammerstein's The Sound of Music package along with gift certificates to digitaltheatre.com for theater lovers; subscriptions to online streaming services for film and television buffs; and Met Opera on Demand Gift Subscriptions for classical music and opera enthusiasts.
Get Your Jamtec Products From The Stic Shop Online
Now you can order some sweet JamTec products from their newly deigned online store called "The Stic Shop." JamTec develops, builds and sells some of the most innovative, robust, lightweight drum accessories in the world.
New for 2016, the Stic and Tec-Lite product lines are built to last and have been road tested for years of reliable service with innovative positioning capabilities and convenience features that are un-matched by the competition and made in the U.S.A.
Also new for 2016 is the Tec-Lite brand product line of drummer accessories available as lower cost alternative to the Stic Series. Sharing many of the same features, the Tec-Lite line costs less, weighs less and is also made of high end, high quality robust components, while offering unique, functional, compact alternatives to the competition.